Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Looks like I need an au pair

Boonie Hound

Had a big parting of the ways with our childminder.

R400 has been pretty unhappy for a while going there and she didn't seem to see it could have had anything to do with her despite admitting a few things that I am not going to post on a public forum.

Not a happy bunny *mad*

I couldn't accept the thought of mine going to a child minder before they were old enough for school then nearly had a big fall-out with my sister-in-law when she looked after our kids after school ... it's just not that straight-forward!!

(Although once the sulky one had reached 11 I couldn't wait to ship her off to boarding school!!)

If you don't mind the nipper being put off by a beard I am happy to wear a pinney and help out *thumbup* *thumbup* I can do a bit of French too......how much do you charge?

PS Sorry to hear about the hassle Boonie - having peace of mind regarding your kids whilst at work is crucial. We made a decision not to have a childminder with the first one (mum was at home) and with our second I stayed home (mum works). Poor kid is scarred for life *eek* 😬

Dave Ardley. White Xflow with Clams

Don't point that beard at me, it might go off.

Groucho Marx

Updated photos here

Mrs Mav we will give you the job only if you force feed him pot noodles and brain wash him about Caterhams.

Delbert - about 30 mins from Ely

We had been pleased with her until R400 began to speak and started telling us things about his day which then made his reluctance to go there understandable.

Mrs B went part time so not at CM all the time - looks like she is going to have to drop her hours even more...there goes the seven fund *cry*

Boonie,

☹️ sorry to hear of your troubles. Glad that you found out now though.

It seems to be a perennial problem. Our two are on something like their third childminder in the last 4 years or so. The last change was because the childminder became pregnant, but one of them was certainly because the person wasn't up to the job / treating the children as we would want them to be treated *mad*

It's a complete nightmare and must be worse with someone as young as R400 - at least our two are big enough speak up when they need to. (Actually the problem with ours is not getting them to talk, but getting them to stop 😬 )

Good luck with getting it resolved - hopefully without Mrs B having to cut her hours.

*wink*

Rach

Cambridge Area Rep, NtL Co-ordinator and Brand Manager *eek* 😬

You would not believe how busy today has been.

Anyoldhow

Just explained to R400 about not going to the CM.

When he realised he would never have to go there again he ran to his mum and hugged her...he is not very cudderly at the best of times.....Even less of a happy bunny with CM and with myself for letting it go on this long.