Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Superlight-R front wheel

k80rum

• Leadership Team

It happens 😬

Darren, Nig passed a CD of loads of pictures of the car/history/trips to the bloke he sold it to, and that was subsequently passed to me when I bought the car. The picture you've linked to is one a number that Nig must have taken very early after building the car - as you know the wheels were changed later to Compomotive CXRs. Unfortunately I sold the CXRs with my old car, and now have a set of original SLR wheels again (well, a couple of sets actually 😬). The CXRs were good wheels but I wanted the car to have o/e wheels.

The rims are one piece and a pretty tough material (much tougher and heavier than MBs) - can you not have it straightened?

Stu.

Cheers Stu - I wondered as I saw your linked pic was an SLR wheel again!

Good point about getting the existing one sorted. I wasn't sure of the merits of doing that but as you say it's quite a tough alloy and it's acutally not that badly damaged; noticeable enough to see when under way but not bad enough to induce any wobble or even break the seal with the tyre bead.

I'll have a troll through the archives for recommended wheel sorter-outers or post a question in tech.

have a good weekend..

Darren