Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Brake Pads

F355GTS

So I ordered a set of Mintex 1144 which arrived today and don't appear to be right

Rears have no markings and are unboxed

Fronts (4 pot) are in a Mintex box and have the code MDB1200 M1202

anybody bought a set recently that might be able to advise?

Mark

Arnie

thanks for that, they're the ones on the car and the ones I've received although I am still concerned that they may not be original Mintex as they are unmarked

Anybody want to tell me how you fit the rears, I assume theres some sort of release for the handbrake mechanism to allow the piston to return into the caliper also there's a solid brake pipe going to the caliper do I have to remove this and then bleed

thanks

Mark

Edited by - F355GTS on 27 Mar 2002 20:00:10

Can't speak for the 4pots but mine came in a blue mintex box, labelled "c-tech racing pads". The M1144 is tagged on to the end of the part No. on the big sticker on the back/bottom of box.

James

Don'tknow what M1202 is I'm afraid. My 1144's also came with a set of blue anti-rattle sticky pads in the box. These are also labelled "Mintex c-tech racing pads". I've got a feeling ( but I may be wrong ) that my pads had M1144 printed on them somewhere.

James.

Dave

I havn't posted where I bought them from 'cos It could just be me, they are a company that a number of members have recommended so I don't want to say the wrong thing until I'm sure, I've contacted Mintex to ask them, then I'll take it up with the supplier!

I'm concerned as I wouldn't expect Mintex to supply pads with no markings on and unboxed, I am also concerned that although the quote and the order were for Mintex, the Invoice doesn't mention their name or the compound, model number

Arnie

Next time I'll buy redstuff!

Mark

Edited by - F355GTS on 28 Mar 2002 08:28:38

I made a rewind tool out of an old large socket....

Others us pliers.

I use a Ferrodo pad on the big brakes on the front that I think was supplied with the car and also came with a spare 2nd hand set of disks I bought off Jason K.

The braking efficiency is great, never glazed and I have run / will run slicks but the pads score the disks. Not too deeply but

noticeably. I have a spare set so I am not too worried.