Click here if you are having website access problems ×

911 Carrera RS For Sale.....

Julian Thompson

A most sensible philosophy *smile*

....but flying totally in the face of that, I think this might just be the ultimate 911 *cool* 😳 *cool*

PS - sorry for the hijack Julian, but with such a lovely car I'm sure you've got a queue of buyers knocking down the door anyway *wink*

That's my other favourite expression...

"He who dies with the most toys - wins" 😬

Although I did see someone earing a T-shirt saying -" He who dies with the most toys - still dies" *confused*

You could buy a lot of toys for £650,000. Is that a record for a 911?

Mad Manx

One day, before I am too old, I will have a 964 RS.

Having been in a friends one, it left a lasting impression - anyone who has travelled some distance (albeit in passenger seat) in my case will know. I cannot afford a 73 RS.

For me a double garage with 7 and 964 RS would be just perfect. Knowing Julian's attention for detail, this 964 RS just rekindled that spark..

Mark

I'm not sure its as over-priced as you seem to think. It is one of the 4 factory prototypes. Has an impecible history , some pretty unique bits on it and occupies a pretty unique place in Porsche history.

People are paying well over a million for the competition Daytonas of which there are 5 factory alloy bodies cars and much more for the examples with the more interesting race history.

You are correct - 956s go for circa £250k but slightly limited appeal due to their track only use.

I was talking to Mark Waring last week and he said that it's the 911s with interesting competition history and/or historic competition eligibility that are commanding huge premiums.

Apparently, of the 2.7RSs, it's the lhd M471 'Sports' (lwts) that are most sought after.

Paul, does yours have FIA papers? (albeit now HTP)

(Someone better interject to get Julian's thread back on course.)

Mad Manx

Hey no - feel free - it's a free country chaps! (Well that's what we're lead to believe *confused*)

Any publicity is good publicity!

I'm actually just taking a PistonHeads sabatical to make sure none of my original batch of interested parties want the car - then it'll go back on for a second slightly more full hearted attempt at a sale!

*wink*

I've deliberately ignored Ant here - you can't sell the bloody thing until you've at least tried it out properly. Even the most picky petrolhead will forgive you a couple of stonechips !!! Get a trackday booked Anthony - quickly.

Position now is that John is unavailable until appox 12 March, so I am going to offer him first chance at the car at this point.

If you are interested please don't hesitate to contact me though because this is still not a done deal; it's just gentleman's etiquette that I am happy to wait.

I'll post back once I know more. 😶‍🌫️

Hi John

I've sent you and e-mail but it 'failed' is your box full or have you changed your address?

Regards

David

A10ROX:OK, its an R500 without the magnesium bits sump etc and only 205bhp!

Edited by - A10ROX on 4 Mar 2007 15:10:25

• 2 weeks later...

Sadly John had already committed to another vehicle and so was unable to come and see my RS so a deal in principle has been organised between me and a prominent RS dealer. Barring any disasters on either side of the counter the car will be sold on Friday 16th March this week.

Thanks to everyone who has expressed an interest in the car, and rest assured I shall contact you in the event that we are unable to do business on Friday

😶‍🌫️

Well, business wasn't done 😳

I had a bit of a nasty surprise when I pulled the unused restored RS wheels out - the paint has bubbled due to me storing them on a concrete floor. Ah well. This didn't go down too well as of course getting these re-restored will cost £500!

In the end we just couldn't agree on a price - he was a helluva nice guy but ultimately where there is cost, markup and retail the trader needs to make sure there is "markup" in order to stay in business. Sadly for this deal I feel confident enough that the car is right that I'm prepared to sell her myself.

So, the price is :

£36500 with the original wheels and the BBS wheels are £2000 extra.

If you would like to buy a lovely 29700 mile, restored RS then give me a call on 07834 387929 or 01625 425809 (days) 01260 222815 (eves)

Edited by - Julian Thompson on 16 Mar 2007 17:25:26

Edited by - Julian Thompson on 17 Mar 2007 17:58:50

☹️ But wasn't the bankers' draft made out for the right amount of money then? ...did he want you to give him £500 back...'cos that's the only amount he'd surely have been looking to chip you for....or did he arrive with the intention of never paying you the agreed price?

Interestingly, I had my RS wheels refinished by Lancaster Colchester due to bubbling - they tried several times to get them right but the paint seemed to react with the magnesium. Did get them sorted in the end though.

Bankers draft was made out for significantly less so that he could adjust the price to meet his offer once he had chance to see the car - I think this was fair enough.

At the end of the day though this chap needs to make a profit and I was reluctant to go ahead at the agreed price because I KNOW he will have to resell for much more anyway - so when the price was called in to question (and those original wheels popping up to spoil the fun didn't help! 😬) I had nowhere to go and neither did he.

Nice chap though and we got on fine - it just wasn't to be on this occasion.

I had a quick look on Pistonheads again and basically £40k seems to be the price IF my car hadn't been restored - which it has - so that's why it's less 😬

If it doesn't sell at a sensible price Mike then begger it - I'm going to de register/SORN it and buy it as an investment with the business....

I wonder if I can then charge the business a 'storage fee' ?? 😬

Eric? 😬

I can't post on the PCGB site (not a member) but I've redone the pisonhead advert with a "war and peace" history *wink*

*smokin*