Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Lead balls.......................

Jan Wulfsberg

When removing the tank of my –84 Seven, with a head not converted to unleaded fuel, I heard something moving inside the tank. After shaking the tank up side down for a while a wire mesh with seven (!) lead balls inside landed on my right foot. Are they put in there just to add weight to slow me down or are they supposed to have an effect regarding unleaded fuel?

Wulf (Viking) id=red> cool.gif

There was a company offering some sort of "fuel catalyst" based on WW2 Spitfire technology (allegedly). Something to do with tin.

Strictly for the gullible (sounds like a bag of balls to me).

Usual claims of better pick-up, lower fuel consumption, cleaner emmissions etc. etc. etc. (ad nauseam).

Most of the guys who go for this sort of thing are old codgers who never go fast enough to do any damage to their valve seats anyway.

I'm sure this does not apply to you.

Bottom line is Ford and GM stick lead-free seats in in thier heads, not a bag of balls in their tanks.

AMMO

It would seem that the automotor charlatans are at work here, watch out for snake oil in the trunnions, lead balls, to the non techo person, would replace the tetra-ethyl lead added to stop pinking, in good old fashioned PETROL, not this cocktail of paint thinners, M.E.K. and toluene that is foisted off as petrol now, leave the balls out, get some proper un-leaded valve seats installed, it's all a load of old ballocks really.