Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Adjustable platform question

Martin S.

I have Freestyle adjustable platforms, which at the rear and with the car up on stands are currently adjusted so that there is pretty much no load on the springs (ie. they’re not under any compession). Obviously once the car is on the ground the springs load up so no probs.

Now the thing is I want to drop the rear a further 15mm or so which will mean with the suspension on full drop the springs will be ratting around (ie. a gap between the spring and the platform) so:

Does it matter? My feeling is not really but should I fit some spacers between the spring and the platform to take up the slack?

Martin,

Don't worry about it,in reality it will not cause a problem. In the good old days we would wire the springs to the seats top and bottom to to effectively limit the droop of the shock. This was on rally cars that would be air born, don't even bother with this now. Save your money for other upgrades.

if you jack the car up just make sure the spring seats properly when you let it down, usually a good shake of the car will suffice.

Cheers

Chris

Thanks for the feedback all *thumbup*

Cagey,

With the car on the ground (springs loaded up) I will udjust the platforms down by 15mm but then when on raising the car with the wheels hanging down there will be a gap so hence if I fill the gap with a spacer........ *idea* *idea* *idea*....ah yes I'tll just raise it up again DOH!!!

I'll probably do as Chris suggests and not worry about it (I dont go airbourne that much anyway 😬)

To close this off.............just spoke to Freestyle and they said I willhave no problem but just make sure the springs are seated after jacking up. Also said some interesting stuff about optimum ride heights for track use but if I told you what they said I'd have to kill you *tongue*