Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Freestyle or Nitrons Adjustable Dampers

davidvoas73

Does anyone have any direct experience of Freestyle and Nitron adjustable dampers? How do they comapre from a performance perspective?

Given that the Nitrons are approx double the price, what are the benefits?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by - wavydavy on 19 Feb 2007 20:33:13

The old addage 'you pays your money you make you choice' they are double the price for a reason. Had Avo's Got Nitrons. Wouldn't go back. The car has more grip, more balance, rides the bumps better, put the power down better.

If you can stretch to Nitrons buy them. *thumbup* *wink*

RED 2.0 HPC 230BHP *thumbup* *smile*

Nope!, 225lb fronts & 150lb rears is the best bet for sprinting performance. I have run both 150 & 170lb rears in my Worcestershire based R400 & hitting a sharp bump with the 170lb ers is rather akin to being beaten on the bottom with a cricket bat 😳

• Support Team

I have 250lb front springs and 150lb rears which seems to work well although it took a while to get the understeer dialled out. I could be tempted with 225lb fronts.

The 250/215 setup is typical of a race/track car but does not work so well on road or on many sprints/hillclimbs where the surface is far bumpier than a race circuit.

The good thing about adjustable dampers is that you can run a nice soft setup for the road and then when you get to the track or sprint venue adjust the damping to suit the course. I have started to keep a record of the settings I use at each venue so my starting point when I arrive is to set the damping to what worked well last time. I can then adjust to suit conditions.

Yellow SL *cool* #32