Click here if you are having website access problems ×

How to mix car paint

pie_boy69

Help, I have had to buy some two pack paint as the vehicle that I have to spray over the easter weekend is already sprayed in this, unfortunatly it is ilegal for someone to use this that is not a pro with resporater and all, but I managed to blag the guy in the shop to sell it to me but could not ask the novice type questions, what i need to know is how do i mix and in what quantity.

I have paint, thinner, activator and what appears to be primer in two parts.

Can any one shed some light on this subject please just give me the method and percentage to mix, and I will give it a go.

I will be out oif the office till thur so as many replies will help.

Many thanks

Keith

The paint is not to be supplied to a novice as it contains isosionates [not sure about spelling]and they can kill, normal masks will not filter these out, this is why a full air fed mask is required.

About £150 to £200 should sort out a mask but you will also require an extra air line, extra air and moister

filter. You will need the info for correct mixing, room temp and gun pressure, this will also be effected by the type of gun you will use and nozzle and make of paint used. A pro will also use a viscosity cup to thin the paint to his personal preferences.

Good luck, sorry to be negative but it is worth thinking about your health.