Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Honda Powered caterham

simon redshaw

It's either the effects of the throttle bodies, etc , on the CTR engine, or the engine from the S2000, which as said has 240 bhp. The original Jap import CTR, with the LSD, did have the 240 bhp engine as std. Mind , my son has the std CTR, and with air filter and Magnex, seems to have alot more oomph than std.

The JDM 220bhp engines apparently only make it on 100+ octane fuel, and the S2000 engine is quite a bit taller?

Anyway, I think that one was sold ages ago but there's another one currently being built alongside my duranail which I'm keen to have a go in 😬. We had one in my wife's Elise and that was fantastic.

Good looking set-up, but is it my eyes/brain (probably!) but the picures on the original pistonheads advert show a left exit exhaust from the Se7en as per originally normal, but the engine shots show a right hand exhaust manifold. Picture reversed I thought but the Honda logo on the cam cover reads correctly. ???????????

Chris is there another posting on this car. Either I'm suffering from deja vu, or somebody else raised the same question and the reply was that the l/h exhaust photos were before the engine swap as there was no stripe on the bodywork (But there was!) *confused*

Alan

Deep greens and blues are the colours I choose