Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Indicators...don't

Roland

Car: 1.4K SS

On the way into work this morning the indicators did not work. No light, no 'clicks' zilch.

Just checked around under the facia/dash, no loose wires, all the 14 fuses look good (do not know which one is specific to indicators).

Any suggestion please?

Humm, just thought...hazzard light switch, could this be an issue?

I hate electrics !!!

Thanks in advance.

Roland

push the hazards on - do they work ? If so push them "off" with a good postive "push". Try the indicators - try again if this fails.

Otherwise check the flasher "unit" take it out and push it in.

This happend to my car, and the above usually fixes it.

Greg, Q 880 RAE (Green/Ali XF)

Once had a long "lecture" from James Whiting on why caterham switches have a tendancy to not work. They are designed to clean themselves by the wiping action of the contacts. And they are very robust, in that you can switch them on and off millions of times. But "in use" in the caterham they get used once in a blue moon, hence don't do what they are supposed to do, due to lack of use. So he suggested switching things on and off a few times every time you go out. Worked for me so far.

Take the hazard switch apart, you'll probably find the contacts are are green! Clean them with some emery or similar, smear on some vaselene and reassemble. I did all the other switches while I was at it. The brake fluid test switch was also not working. I've had no trouble since.