Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Starter button

Jason Plato

Dave leave your ing/switch as the first stage and steering lock next link from the switch on the first turn of the key to your flip switch this will give you on/off next feed the starter feed to a suitable starter push button this is normally done by removing that function from the key switch as in our racing purpose I've an earlier seven but the principal the same.

Regards Bob N.Z.

bob single

Having just purchased an R500 starter button for use on a 'K' series S.S. a quick look under the dash reveals a cover cap over the std. switch/lock.This pulls off to reveal push-on connectors (I think; well it was at 6am!). Should be easy to figure which is which; famous last words!!!!!

I want to do this to mine too. I'm fed up with the bloody key, and think it an irrelevance as I've got a battery master key and an immobiliser. I have spoken with someone who has already done this and he warned about the flip switch that you use for the igniotion. He has one of those "Airwolf" type switches with the overlock cover... You have to flip up the cover, then flip the actual switch. Replacing the cover switches the electrical switch off again.

My friend warned that the flip-cover was a tad too easy to return to normal, and he worried that he might cut his ignition inadvertantly one day.

That said, it looks the bog's dollocks...

Well with my car being of the sime plain jane variety I used a Caterham horn push switch, after all the thing is wired trough a relay so current is minimal and whilst not looinglike a race car the switch does match the standard dash. Fitted it between / below middle two clocks which is just right. Sadly due to work or possibly my greed to those who know me (Jez),the button doesn't get pushed very often