Click here if you are having website access problems ×

AArgh! Where have I gone wrong

Mcalvert

• Leadership Team

Really frustrating day today trying to get the gearbox, engine and Diff back in (1700 Xflow). One of those days when no bolt ever lines up first or even second time.

Anyway, have finally got all three in and have tried to reconnect the clutch cable, only even when adjusting both ends to the max, it won't reach the flutch fork. When I try to put a lever behind the clutch fork to bring it forward, it won't budge.

What could I have done wrong? I did replace the CRB and refit the fork - is there anything I could have done wrong here? Is it possible to fit the fork the wrong way around for example?

Thanks - Michael (now having a beer and starting to calm down)

Michael

I suppose it is possible to fit it the wrong way round but I'd have thought it would have felt very loose on the pivot pin, you should be able to move the fork forward and back about 1" or so, is it possible the CRB has fallen off the fork?, this would create your problem and certainly the new ones are a very loose fit. You may be able to refit it through the access whole or if you can reomve the spacer plate from underneath.

Shout if I can help!

Mark

Probably is possible to fit the fork the wrong way round, but you haen't done that, have you *eek* *confused*

If you shine a light on it, you'll be able to tell whether it's the right way round...just compare what you see with the pictures in the build manual. If it's OK, then just LIFT the clutch pedal which will give you enough slack to position the cable stop in the fork.

Paul

• Leadership Team

Oh, BUGGER ☹️ ☹️ ☹️ The problem will be my having put the CRB BEHIND the fork rather than in front of it.

That would explain the problem.

DOH! Oh well, a second beer may help calm me down *idea*

Thanls for your input - I think I MAY just know where I went wrong. Some days just aren't meant to be...

Michael.

• Leadership Team

Paul - Oh yes I have (blush smiley needed here).

Spot the difference with the picture posted by Phil (apart from the fact that his was in focus) here

Oh well, it was quicker getting the engine in and out the second time *thumbup*

Thanks for the help in diagnosing the problem!

Michael.

Edited by - Mcalvert on 17 Feb 2007 18:10:19