Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Cadwell Park

john powell

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My form went off on Saturday am. I needed to be sure of getting a place as I auctioned a day of passenger rides at a charity event last year and the winner of the auction particularly wants to go to Cadwell.

I am hopeful that they will be able to blag rides in some of the other cars there, to give them a view of what different types of 7s are capable of; I should be in the Blue group. Any takers? *wavey*

🤔

Will the fact that she is 19 make a difference to the uptake? *cool*

Steve

Form went off today *wink*.

Hi Steve, be happy to take your passenger round. I'm in the red group, aeroscreened SLR. I'd have been equally happy if your passenger was an OAP (he lied unashamedly) 😬. I suppose you would have to do the harnesses up?

Mav,

My LF MIGHT have arrived... like a few other club members I am rarely at home. Hence it is normaly at least 1 week and often more after LF arrives that I get my hands on it. Hence the popular track days are already booked out before I even see the form.

Any way, it says on the L7CGB website that forms will be in LF AND available electronically...

Mav,

club track day section of web site says forms will be available electronically... surely better to have a standard process in place available to all rather than each time individuals having to mail Geoff asking for electronic copy of form??

I've been trying to point out for 18 months that hard copy forms in LF don't work for all... just as electronic forms on website won't work for all.

Understanding a) the hard work that goes into organising things and b)we all have other things to do

Surley if every person who wanted a form and worked away from home e-mailed Geoff he would be swamped which is neither practical or fair.

If the forms were available in pdf download to all , released on a certain day from the home page the benefits would be 3 fold

1) Save on wasted paper printing out copies for every Low Flying sent out, only those that want a copy will print them out. This would be would be an enviromental plus

2) There is an economic arguement as well, I am sure the printers do not stick the forms in the magazine free of charge

3) Geoff would have one less thing to worry about I would imagine not recieveing e-mails from the likes of Niel and myself would free his time.

As it happens I diverted my route North this afternoon and managed to pop into Home to get a form.

And Mav, before you hit the caps lock button I had e-mailed Geoff

Derek

If at first you don't succed Sky diving is not for you

My work computer has been kaput since Monday so I've been unable to check emails from the weekend until it gets fixed this afternoon.

As has been normal in the past all track day booking forms have appeared on the home page on the website the day Low Flying hits the doormat, but recent events in the past few weeks have been a distraction.

Anyway back to business....

Booking forms for Oulton and Pembrey will be in the March issue of Low Flying.

I still have places available for Cadwell, and thanks Delbert your form arrived today *wavey*

I also have places left for Spa....

All club track track days include free instruction, and in the case of Spa, no charge for the use of a garage..

Geoff *smile*

Mike,

Noise will be depenedant on the state of the packing in your exhaust.

Re the 2nd driver, then they have to be members of the club, and I think if they are sharing a session with you then it is free, or a nominal charge. If they want a session to themselves (e.g greeen) and you want a session to yourself (e.g Red) then you will have to pay 2 entry fees...

Martin

M.A.D AR and L7C trackday helper outer 😬

Hi,

I am looking to "do" my first track day (hopefully at Cadwell) this year. I now have the form, but can someone tell me what the general format for the day is. I.e. I see there are 3 categories, how many laps can you do, what about passengers, equipment (helmet?) etc. Oh, and what should I expect to be left of my tyres afterwards?

Thanks,

Mark

*biggrin*

K7 GDR

'94 1.4k Supersport

Hi Mark,

Beginners, intermediates and advanced. 20 minute sessions per group so10-14 laps per session. Passengers OK after first session. You need a helmet- and an FIA bar on the Caterham. Tyres won't be an issue first time out

Most importantly have fun 😬

MikeW

Mega Grad Race No 9

Edited by - MikeW on 19 Feb 2007 20:41:25