Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Watches for sale

7Nut

On behalf of my brother-

1970 Heuer Monaco Manual watch

Rare original (not recent re-issue), classic world's first waterproof square watch made famous by Steve McQueen in the film 'Le Mans'. This is a manual wind version of the watch with the crown and chronograph pushers on opposite sides and is in perfect working order. The watch is on a black strap with a Heuer clasp.

£2250

1971 Heuer Monaco Automatic watch

Rare original (not recent re-issue), classic world's first waterproof square watch made famous by Steve McQueen in the film 'Le Mans'. This is an automatic version of the watch, with the crown and chronograph pushers on the same side and is in perfect working order. The watch is on a very cool white with red stitching, to mirror the face detail, strap with a Heuer clasp.

£2400

1974 Rolex Explorer stainless steel watch

Lovely version of the classic watch inspired by 1950's mountaineers. The watch has the very desireable 'plastic' glass with the resulting 'dome' effect. The face has slightly faded to a gorgeous matt black making the watch appear nicely worn in. Comes in a Rolex box.

£1400

1985 Rolex Sea Dweller stainless steel watch

Often described by people in the know as the 'quintesentail' Rolex watch. Originally designed for deep sea oil rig divers, and is still standard issue, this watch has a gas escape valve and is waterproof to 4000 feet. The Sea Dweller is unique amongst Rolex watches and has fantastic wrist presence. Rarely worn in the last few years. Comes in Rolex Box.

£2000

Cheers

Stewart

Wile7, Yeh, I'd like the '71 Monaco or Sea Dweller *tongue*

Mark, Hard times, I wish I earnt his hard times *tongue*

Talking of Matt, I'm joining him, Darren and others for dinner on the 19th. Any particular questions you want asked?

Anyone wonna buy a watch 🤔

*biggrin*

Stew - yes, seriously....I want to know what their opinion is of why Ferrari have bucked the trend with their chassis design...and whether they feel that this is off the back of some as yet undiscovered trait of the "control" Bridgestones. Oh and if Alan Henry's there, give him my regards *thumbup*

Without wanting to gatecrash the party or go even further off topic 😳 Ferrari tried the longer wheelbase in 2003 and at that time intimated that it was for better aero rather than tyres. We know the BS tyres are providing considerably less grip so the choice to extend the wheelbase may not be just to suit the tyres but to help on the aero side of things *confused*

I'm not one for conspiracy theories and don't see BS giving Ferrari an inside line on the tyres as some are suggesting.

Sorry *wink* - anyway: Have a BTT on me *thumbup*

Paul, you may not believe in such theories....but these guys Stew is having lunch with should have a better chance of knowing the "inside line" than you or I will ... *cool*

...and who says there's any conspiracy theory?...If I were Ferrari I'd have used my experience with those tyres from 2005 (IRC they're 2005 spec rubber) as a basis. I'm interested from a technical perspective...all the other teams have bet the other way haven't they? *thumbup*

Stew, tell Bish that I'm also running a book on how many times he blags a background appearance on the grid this year - last year I spotted him on MB's walkabout for most of the races - he always seems to be talking to Flav at just the right time 😬