Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Where is Rosssssssssssss ?

Hibster.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that is a question that has failed a succession of therapists

right....... The Blair Peach incident was when Rose Royce were No13 in the charts.

Twas also Pete Dohertys year of birth..

Now

2Is it love you 're after is a cry from New York Hookers...

so That takes us to The Police and Roxanne.

Steve Martin played Roxanne in a film *thumbup*

Simple...flat caps.....oyster (perpetual)......calender.....had a look....realised I should have picked up my new Stade Toulousian supporters Beret last week *thumbup*

Where's the complication or confusion?

Dave Ardley. White Xflow with Clams

Don't point that beard at me, it might go off.

Groucho Marx

Updated photos here

Now WC you are supposed to supply the link between Steve Martin and a Glousecester old spot

But its so easy...

Steve Martin stared in cheaper by the Dozen,

Duchy of Cornwall Gloucester Old Spot snorkers are on By one get one free so a dozen would only be the same cost as Half a dozen 😬

Anyway, Gloucester Old Spot, I trust we are all well read

Blandings Castle and Lord Emsworth *thumbup*

Blandings Castle, lying in the picturesque Vale of Blandings, Shropshire, England, is two miles from the town of Market Blandings, home to at least nine pubs, most notably the Emsworth Arms.

The tiny hamlet of Blandings Parva lies directly outside the castle gates and the town of Much Matchingham, home to Matchingham Hall, the residence of Sir Gregory Parsloe-Parsloe, is also nearby.

The castle is a noble pile, of Early Tudor building ("its history is recorded in England's history books and Viollet-le-Duc has written of its architecture", according to Something Fresh). One of England's largest stately homes, it dominates the surrounding country, standing on a knoll of rising ground at the southern end of the celebrated Vale of Blandings; the Severn gleams in the distance. From its noble battlements, the Wrekin can be seen.

The famous moss-carpeted Yew Alley (subject to the devious gravelling schemes of Angus McAllister) leads to a small wood with a rough gamekeeper's cottage, which Psmith made use of, not to write poetry as he at first claimed, but to stash stolen jewellery. Another gamekeeper's cottage, in the West Wood, makes a pleasant home for the Empress of Blandings for a spell. The rose garden is another famous beauty spot, ideal for courting lovers. There is a lake, where Lord Emsworth often takes a brisk swim in the mornings.

The house has numerous guest rooms, many of which haven't been used since Queen Elizabeth roamed the country. Of those still in use, the Garden Room is the finest, usually given to the most prestigious guest; it has a balcony outside its French windows, which can be easily accessed via a handy drainpipe.

The main library has a smaller library leading off it, and windows overlooking some flowerbeds; it is here that Lord Emsworth is often to be found on wet days, his nose deep in an improving tome of country lore, his favourite being Whiffle on The Care of the Pig.

*thumbup* 😬

*arrowright*Get a Mosaic Poster of YOUR car and help Nuke the Leuk here *arrowleft*

*arrowright*Pictures here *arrowleft*

Don't ask me - Ask Wikipedia 😬

Personally i much prefer Sci-Fi and horror novels ... Never could get into these or the Tom Sharp books - Funny in places, but not a good challenging read IMHO 😳

Sorry Del ☹️

Edit to add - I await the chance to one day borrow the books and try to get myself eddymurkated again :p]

*arrowright*Get a Mosaic Poster of YOUR car and help Nuke the Leuk here *arrowleft*

*arrowright*Pictures here *arrowleft*

Edited by - Fletch on 6 Feb 2007 22:51:31