Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Geena Davis

Delbert

Is she the worst all round actress ever...

I'm thinking Comander in chief, The Genna Davis Show and The long Kiss Goodnight

Long Kiss Good night ... More like a fat slap So Long *thumbdown*

Now will I get the job as arts crtic inthe Daily Sport *confused*

If at first you don't succed Sky diving is not for you

Was your 70-300 the "AF-S VR 70-300mm" or the older boggo one. I guess the latter given the price-differential you mention.

I started off with the Canon equivalent - the 70-300 f4-5.6 IS. Good lens - the IS/VR makes hand-holding much easier - and helps on a monopod too. Not too expensive at just under the £400 mark (once you've factored in a hood and filter), but reasonably long.

My original reason for upgrading from this lens was the 300mm limitation - there's no way of slapping a TC on one of these and still get AF - and it'd be damned dark anyway. Horses-for-courses though - I like to try and fill the frame with the target whenever possible - 300mm might well be enough for your needs.

The pics in the Doune June 18th (bottom right collection) here were taken with this lens - in the rain *smile* That started it all off...

My favourites are here Can't wait for this year to kick off...

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Alcester Racing

7s Equipe™

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com

No filling the frame is everything for me.

One scenic shot then in close for the real feel.

It seems to me that I'm talking myself down the 400 mm road, used to love my prime 500 on the 35mm.

I'm paranoid about changing lenses etc and dirt getting on the sensor at Motorsport events so a zoom is making practical sense (plus the prime 300's are out of reach fiscally)

I keep coming back to the 80-400 Nikor lens. The results with the 18-135 are (by my standards so clear here

Good shots of the Metro *thumbup*

If at first you don't succed Sky diving is not for you

Edited by - Delbert on 5 Feb 2007 21:14:29