Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Trying to source an XE dry sump kit!!!!!

simon redshaw

Does anyone have a dry sump kit available for a Caterham XE???

If not all parts, what parts are available out there second hand?

Looking to use a seperate oil tank and not the bellhousing type. But, if someone has one available second hand, I could consider it?

rgds

*confused*

Simon7R

Hi Simon

Secondhand parts are very rare, I sold some bits to (well exchanged with) Marius at Mog Racing, not sure if he was planning to use them or sell them on, might be worth a mail.

New stuff from Caterham is silly money, DS pan £295 plus Vat, Pump £420 plus VAT, Crank Sprocket £80 plus VAT. Pumps are made by Titan but it's a Caterham only design so they won't sell direct. On top of these you'd need the Sump scavenge inserts, Pickup adapter, External tank and Pipes.

It might be worth talking to Pace or SBD, Steve Mell has one of the latter's installations I beleive which I think is Pace based

Mark

Thanks Mark,

I agree with you, second hand bits are like rocking horse S***, difficult to get hold of.

I am limited to Pace, SBD, QED as caterham and Swindon cost a bomb! Interesting that Pace make for SBD and their system is actually costing more? Not sure who makes QED's system but will check them out.

i will try to contact Mog racing to see what Marius has left!

Shame that the Caterham sump is so dear as it is very robust!

Cheers

simon

Simon7R

Simon, as Mark said I do have the SBD/Pace system. The only downside of the SBD sump pan is that it doesn't mate, profile-wise, very well with the Caterham bellhousing and as such presents quite a pronounced 'step' from sump to bellhousing. This is what took the brunt of my impact with a manhole cover last year resulting in major damage. Consequently I have now got the Caterham sump pan which mates perfectly with the bellhousing and also has a major set of coolin/'skid' fins. If you are going from new, I would definitely recommend this combination. If you want to chat about the installation feel free to mail me any time. *thumbup* *thumbup*

*arrowright* *arrowright*Harry Flatters *arrowright* *arrowright* *thumbup*

AKA Steve Mell - Surrey AO and Su77on Se7ener

Harry,

I could do with talking to someone as this is potentially a massive spend and there seems to be so much confusion over what parts to purchase.

Certain you are correct about the Caterham pan as i have heard this from my engine builder. he has seen several SBD and Pace sumps in with cracks and bumps from bottoming out and if the caterham kit is anything like the wet sump i have, then this is very robust. interesting that SBD quoted me £325 for their sump pan and the Caterham pan is £295!

send me an e-mail with your contact detail and if i could discuss the best shopping list for DS kit, this would be very helpfull!

Rgds

Simon7R

I would be interested to hear. Can you also ask if he has the working hydrolic clutch also?

Any photos available?

Could you also ask what he is going to do to replace the bellhousing?

I am looking at an external tank in passanger seat extension at the moment, but could re-consider.

*thumbup*

Simon7R