Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Front End

JKJ

Trunions

1991, do I have these or not, as the manual suggests that I grease/oil them at certain intervals. Looking at the front end it would appear not, in which case do I just leave them alone or is there any other maintenance required.

Secondly, the top wishbone thread on the passenger side has about 10 threads showing, whereas the drivers side is fully wound closed. Should they be equal ?

Can a garage be relied upon to set up the Camber/Toe-in, etc on a Caterham, oh, and what are the settings on a 1700 SS please.

My car is a 91 and I have trunnions. You should be able to spot them if they are there. If you have trunnions, you should oil them with EP90.

Camber can normally only be checked by certain garages, normal tyre places will rarely have the gear.

I would think that, there should be around the same thread showing on both sides. Camber depends on what tyres you are running, but it should be negative. I have mine set up to 1.5 degs neg, and toe neutral. that way I can play around with it as I wish.