Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

CSR wheels sizes

paul jacobs

I know that as standard, the CSR is let loose on the unsuspecting public with 15" wheels all round, but does anyone know if the car works well, or even better on 13"s. I don't know if the race cars use 13~s or whether they also stick with the standard 15" rims.

I've got a set of split rim 13" wheels which I will either modify and use or sell if they can't be used.

Paul J.

Loud pipes save lives, but quiet ones save your hearing.

• Area Representative

Paul,

I've had a CSR200 in my garage this morning, and I noticed that the rear calipers are not the same as my DeDion car, and I suspect the disks may be bigger.

I wish I'd taken more notice now, but I thought it looked like there would not be enough clearance to fit 13" wheels.

Thanks guys, I thought they may have been running on 13" rims, but wasn't sure.

Richard, you were quite correct in thinking the rear calipers aren't the normal Ford items. I understand that they are from a VW Golf. They certainly look a little "sexier", but they still work in the same way, but may be a little lighter as they have an alloy body. My 13" splits do fit, but are a very, very tight fit *eek*

Paul J.

Loud pipes save lives, but quiet ones save your hearing.

backspace is reference to the distance from the wheels hub mount face to the edge of the inner wheel rim bead. That being the "depth" that the wheel protrudes into the chassis area of the car from the mounting face of the hub . *smile*

Its a simple way to be sure that the "depth" of the rim wont clash with suspension bits etc *smile*

here is C7 TOP

Taffia Area Rep *thumbup*