Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Another Tyre Question

stormcp

I am currently running Yoko A032R's 205 60 13's, 6x13's at the front and 7x13's at the rear.

I would like more grip at the rear and have been thinking of the CR500 245 ?? 13's/15's. I don't know the sizes of the rear csr tyres or the rim diameter but thought these would make sense.

Does anyone know the csr rim width? diameter and have any recommendations on the tyre front. I run a standard dedion so think I will have to grind the axle ends to fit the csr wheels on? Also if I went down the Avon route which size would you recommned for the front 6's?

Many thnaks in advance.

Cheers

Matt *confused*

Yellow Blur!

Edited by - stormcp on 28 Jan 2007 21:18:47

Whilst increasing tyre size may give you more grip going from A032R's to CR500's is going to reduce grip as the Avon's aren't nearly as sticky as the Yoko's IMHO.

No idea about CSR sizes.

Steve.

Not forgetting Percy the Polar Bear

I should have said stickiest road legal tyre btw.

I've used them in the wet for trackdays and also damp road and I have to confess if it wasn't for the cost I would probably use them all the time. I'm happy to adapt my driving in damp/wet weather for the gain they give in the dry.

In the damp they are ok. The danger is one of aquaplaning in standing water but then some of the others can be a problem in that respect from what I've read.

It's all about driving within the limits of you and the car and knowing where these are.

Steve.

Not forgetting Percy the Polar Bear

I'd dissagree with Steve, I changed to CR500's for road and wet track use, last year, and have found them to be more sticky than the 48's I took off. So I'm quite a fan of CR500's. Although I do use slicks on the track, so haven't used them for a dry track at all *cool*

Are we saying that running 205 (a032r's or a048's) at the rear is better dry grip than CR500 245's? on a wider 8/9"rim?

Also, would running a wider 8" (7" at present) rim be benificial with the standard 205 rear tyre. I dont know th physics.

Regards

Matt

Yellow Blur!