Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Pace oil pressure adjustment

bobt

Instructions I followed were as follows:

"Make sure you tighten the locking nut on the pressure adjusting screw ( you need to guess the initial setting and adjust for the correct pressure once up and running), else you can get some leakage where the screw emerges."

So I think I screwed it in about 2 turns.

Start the engine & check OP through the warm up stage. Once the oil is above 50 c drive the car & check OP through the rev range. I set mine so that I had a minimum of 60psi at 4000rpm & above. Most of us with Pace pumps notice that OP at hot idle can drop; mine is about 13psi. I don't think this is anything to worry about as it's the pressure under load, & of course higher revs, that matters.

Check the Pressure setting at cranking speed..... Pace have a habit of leaving the adjustment TOO high, result when she fires it fills the clock. If your getting 1 to 2 bar at cranking she'll jump to 6 bar when she fires. Just be very very carefull Pace 3 stage Dry Sump pumps deliver pressure way in excess of the requirement on a Se7en, even when using the thinnest synth.

jj

N.I. L7C AR.

Membership No.3927.

Edited by - Johnty Lyons on 28 Jan 2007 15:08:19

When I installed my pump the adjuster was only finger tight so a couple of turns seemed right. In view of what Johnty has said it would be worth checking where the adjuster is at the moment & maybe unscrewing it to finger tight & going from there.

Screwing the adjuster in increases pressure: in effect it's an adjustable pressure release valve.