Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

O/T Any good car thieves on Blatchat?

Big Brother

I need one to break into my car!

I've got a Merceded 260E with duff central locking and a boot that refuses to open with the key *eek*

It did this once before but after applying a little force it opened and was fine afterwards.

Now its gone again and I need to get into the boot.

I don't think I can get into the boot via the rear seats so am a bit stuck.

To be honest, the car is just an old barge and if I was left in a position where the boot was not lockable, it wouldn't be a problem.

Anyone able to offer any tips (Blatmail if prefered)

Steve

SE7EN-UP!

The funny thing about this signature is, by the time you realise it says nothing, it's too late to stop reading it.

I'm not a Merc expert, but at least I've broken into a marked Mondeo Police-car - surrounded by 8 or so officers.

They had managed to leave the keys in the car locking it 60 miles from the spare keys...

😬

The crude but quick and effective method is to drill the lock. With the barrel out there will be a slotted part that operates the mechanism, and you can turn this with a screwdriver.

Locks are remarkably soft and easy to drill, I have only done it once and it took seconds.

New barrel in a breaker if you can be bothered.

Ahh, just to clarify, I can get in the car and drive it, I just can't open the boot.

I'm probably going to have to drill out the lock but wondered if there were any "tricks of the trade" that may avoid this.

Steve

SE7EN-UP!

The funny thing about this signature is, by the time you realise it says nothing, it's too late to stop reading it.

The back seats don't drop at all (there's a solid bulkhead behind them)

Chris, cheers for that but mine's an earlier model and it uses a vacuum system to operate (or not as the case may be) the central locking.

As the car is only worth a few hundred pounds, I'm tempted to just run a drill through the lock!

• Leadership Team
I've broken into a marked Mondeo Police-car - surrounded by 8 or so officers.

They had managed to leave the keys in the car locking it 60 miles from the spare keys...

That's an aweful lot of officers to get in one Mondeo 😳

Stu.

Yep, I'd tried that and also blowing compressed air into the piping

Just drilled out the lock barrel and managed to get the boot open.

It looks like the remote release had broken off and had jammed the lock mechanism.

Looks like I will need to get hold of a complete unit to repair it.

Either that or just don't leave anything in the boot!

Thanks for all the advice *thumbup*

Steve

SE7EN-UP!

sforshaw

That's an aweful lot of officers to get in one Mondeo

That's true - wonder if they'd arrived in more than just the keyless car *confused*

Even funnier... One of them asked me how I knew to break into a Mondeo which was said to be difficult. I asked him if he had any idea why I was there under false identity.

No further questins were asked *biggrin*