Click here if you are having website access problems ×

1a Tyres 2007 and 2008

AJ Sagar

I am planning to have a go at some speed events this year and anticipated buying some Scudo Stunners but noted that the blue booked has them marked as potentially being off the list for 2008. Is anyone else concerned about this? Are people shifting to an alternative 1a tyre in looking ahead to 2008. Any advice much appreciated.

Andy

Andy

• Area Representative

Andy,

The Stunner Scudo was also marked with a * in the 2005 Blue, but they were still there last year.

If you're new to speed events, there's likely to be more to gain from other places than the tyres. What tyres are you currently running?

Were you planning on doing local events, or joining in at some of the rounds of our own speed series? If so, then our regs normaly allow tyre from the previous years list 1A as well as the current one.

Have you been quoted for Stunners? They have been in short supply in certain sizes - I had to persuade the importer to get some this time last year.

Richard

Thank you for your response

I was planning to do a combination of some Wigton events and some closer to home L7 events. To date I have been limited to track days. I have some Toyo 888 on 13inch rims and Avon CR500 on 15inch rims that I am expecting to wear out soon and was going to put the 1a tyres on the 15inch rims. The car is a 140bhp Superlight and so with the change of rules I realise that entering the L7 class 3 as a novice with either of the above tyres would be more than good enough. However it would suit me to use the 1a tyres for local events and wet trackdays.

I haven't tried to get any Scudo Stunners yet - are there any alternatives that come a close second to the Stunners in the 1a category and available in 15inch?

Any further advice gratefully received.

Andy

• Area Representative

Andy,

I undestand Toyo Proxis T1R's are not bad.

Stunners are a budget brand made by a company called Marangoni.

Marangoni also market a range that is badged as "Marangoni - Zeta Linea". various web searches would suggest that these should be quite good, But I don't know of them being used on a Seven yet.

A Superlight on List 1A's, would make you class 2 - close competition, without as much expence on tyres!