Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Oh how Davis tempts me

Delbert

and I'm not on commission from then either *tongue*

I've bought from them twice and Myles made his big purchase (although his order was a little slow in arriving probably cos of Yuletide)

£300, that's a lot of fine wine & cake

Supercheese R250

Caterham pictures here 😬

Try UR Galaxy too, worked out a little cheaper for my 70-200 f/2.8L IS and they gaurentee to refund any duty (Digital Rev don't).

Mmmm 70-200 f/2.8L IS mmmm..... 😬 😬 😬 😬

😬You laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same. 😬

Delbert

ISTR that is a VR lens, it offers a very good range although will seem a little slow in terms of apperture in lower light situations

See Ken Rockwell here where he says "This lens is perfect for the wander-around-and-see-what-you-find photography I do. It is NOT good for sports or low-light motion photography due to the slow f/stop and slow autofocusing speed. More on that later."

This thread from DPREVIEW is also useful here

Supercheese R250

Caterham pictures here 😬

When looking for my lens I read the feedback on Digital Rev, and a few people had to cough up extra wonga for import... People were saying that this made the lens price more comprable to the UK prices. UR Galaxy specifically said that they would refund 100% the import duty and also would deal with customs on your behalf.

😬You laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same. 😬

Digital Vicar have some ebay items with a vat/duty guarantee and some without, you pay more to get the guarantee but it is still less than the lower price + tax

I paid 30% less than the UK price for my 70-200

and don't forget there is no duty on digital stills cameras (there should be VAT)

The downside of HK is the warranty, Digital Vicar provide a worldwide warranty backed up by the US warranty company Mack. This means that repairs can be done by an authorised service centre in the UK. So not as good as a Nikon UK warranty where they will replace rather than repair in the 1st few months

However the Pound will nearly buy 2 USD so the USA may be the place to look now

B&H in NY have a good rep

Supercheese R250

Caterham pictures here 😬

Ummmm, I'm flushed until the great up and coming upgrades sale on Monday.......

There are some first refusals out there but Heads , Cams, LSDs, Fly wheels etc will be on sale......

How long does it take for the battery to charge ☹️ Wanna play

If at first you don't succed Sky diving is not for you