Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Circuit/Track car for sale

Trevor Phillips

I'm saving hard for my Caterham and that means selling my spare race car.

It's a Sylva Fury Cosworth in Metallic Green at £8250. Built 1993, chassis no. 51. 1998cc Cosworth normally aspirated YB engine, 11.71:1 compression, long click valves, solid tappets, ported & flowed by Burtons. Cams: F1 Inlet; DA10 exhaust. Alloy verniers, all steel bottom end. Running 2 X Weber 48 DCO/SP with Lumentition system. Estimated 235bhp. Twin scavenge dry sump pump. Sachs Group N type clutch with sintered paddle plate. 5 speed Quaiffe Pro roller bearing gearbox – all alloy casing, quickshift. Quaiffe LSD in English axle. Brise racing 50 amp alternator.

Willwood Dynalite 4 pots on front, XR3i 2 pots on rear. Adjustable brake bias. Inboard front suspension with Spax coilovers. Full instrumentation, roll-bar, two seats and harnesses. 12 gallon alloy fuel tank with anti-surge bowl and safety breather valve. Alloy wheels with new Yoko 021s.

Car is road legal - taxed until July and tested until January 2003.

The car has had a glorious competitive history with innumerable class wins at circuits throughout the UK. In 2002 alone it has won outright at The Brighton Speed Trials as the fastest modified production sports car up to 2000cc (The Presidents Cup) with a stunning 13.14 seconds for the quarter mile with a terminal speed (in 4th) of 117mph, won class and fastest class lap at the JCC Tom Rowe Centurian Challenge race at Snetterton and came 1st in Class and 3rd overall in the Credit Professionals Sports Car Championship at Lydden Hill. The car is in excellent condition and unbelievably quick! At £8250 it is a bargain but I need to make room for a new project. Alternatively, as a rolling chassis at £5,000 ono.

Call Trevor Phillips on 07050 030518. Photos on www.ukstreetracers.com

Email: trevor.w.phillips@btclick.com