Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Rolex Submariner wristwatch for sale

ziplobb

Speaking with a Wholesale dealer in London last week and he had just paid £5500 for a new S/S Daytona at the Munich Watch Fair. If Wholesale trade are paying that much, retail they have to be £6k. Against an RRP of £4050 that is plain bonkers. They are not even a nice watch! A poor imitation of the Paul Newman Daytona just as the current TAG Monaco is a poor imitation of the '69 Heure Monaco. They haven't even got the Zenith movement in them anymore ☹️

You can get a white gold one from Goldsmiths in Chelmsford High Street of all places. Price £14k *eek*

W.Nut *thumbup*.

Rosso Superlight no.087 (no longer)

I am down there this Friday evening so will check prices and models on Saturday morning. The daytona face was like a 'mother of pearl' kind of colour IIRC. Like this one here but without all the gold detailing (Rhodium they say). Don't know whether it was white gold or stainless...will check *thumbup*

I was only looking...I have a 70's sub that my father left me with the plexiglass 'glass' and I love it (although it only goes on the wrist on special occasions *smile*)

Dave Ardley. White Xflow with Clams

Don't point that beard at me, it might go off.

Groucho Marx

Updated photos here

Since 2000. They now have a Rolex 4130 movement. There are two distinct Daytona Camps. One that says the Zenith movement is the one to have as it was original and one that says that a Rolex should have a Rolex movement. *confused*

W.Nut *thumbup*.

Rosso Superlight no.087 (no longer)

Am I right in thinking that the Tudor subs had the Rolex movement as well 🤔 I am tempted by these having looked on Ebay and some other places. Seem good value and are handsome watches.

Dave Ardley. White Xflow with Clams

Don't point that beard at me, it might go off.

Groucho Marx

Updated photos here