Click here if you are having website access problems ×

class records for next year

robmar

As I understand it, next year (2008) it is intended that we bring back an element of class record braking as part of the scoring, the reason it has been dropped for this year is due to the changes in class structure, and for those classes to reset the class record benchmarks.

This is most relevant for classes 3 and 5 which are all expected to be slower due to the changes in regs.

However classes 1 , 2 and 6 should in theory be as fast if not faster than this year

Class 4 I am un sure of

So are all class records going to be reset, or just 3,4 &5 🤔

Will records in 1, 2 & 6 that are beaten this year be the benchmark for 2008 🤔

IMO the answer to above is that it should be just 3,4 & 5 are reset and yes to the later, however I can see a hypothetical advantage to 3, 4 &5 if say we go to a wet llandow in 2007 and it is dry in 2008 *confused*

rob *confused*

Hi Rob,

What was decided back in November was that all class records would be reset in 2007 and all bonus points based on breaking them would be inoperative and the whole thing re-established for 2008.

Given we now have a common class and championship scoring system based on SImons suggestion of 100 points etc for a win then it makes sense to be consistent across the classes - and thence for the championship. This is how the regs have been prepared.

Hope this helps.

Brian