Click here if you are having website access problems ×

K series Haynes

Buda

You wont find a Haynes that covers it adequately, however I know a man , who knows a man, who knows a man (repeat a suitable number times) who has the entire Lotus Elise detailed workshop manual which covers all variants of the K series including Eu3, VVC, K16, sport 190 (VHPD) etc.etc, on CD in PDF format, it also has the type '9' gearbox manual, all the Haynes manuals for the 20 most popular European/British cars (Rover 214/mondeo/Sierra/Cavalier inc 16v, Pug 205/405 etc.etc.) and some gen on the Zetec, YB Cosworth and Vauxhall CE20XE heads.

He could be persuaded to furnish you with a copy if you refund the P&P and blank CD cost

Oily

I will send a cheque on receipt if he includes his address, I'll email mine to you off line.

Is it, when replacing cams etc worth buying an oil bath cleaner tank thingy just to clean everything up prior to replacement??

Kitchen sink is some 50yds from garage also has wife thing in proximity - She gets upset when I wash a paint brush in the sink, I can just see here when I bring the dreaded oily stuff into the kitchen.

That'll be on top of your pile of knackered big-end shells then Arnie...

I find that a wash off with jizer in a plastic bowl or on the top of the dustbin, followed by a hosing down and dry, does the job adequately. (cue jokes about taking off the dustbin lid and letting the bits fall in).

Oily

Edited by - oilyhands on 21 Mar 2002 12:34:13