Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Bulk Buy - Kumho Ecsta V70A

Simon.Rogers1

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Simon,

How far do you think these tyres will last if I drive the car to/from events - 1000 miles?

Thinking of doing class 3 with these tyres but still keen to drive to events - although I only managed 1 in 2006 but hope to do a few more in 2007!

Brian

Simon

Please put my down for four soft. Probably 2 of each size but I am wondering what the disadvantages would be of putting 215 on both ends.

Wing clearance aside (I have clamshells), can anybody suggest what would be gained/lost by going this route?

Paul Forster

Rob/Ritchie,

These tyres are not listed in the List 1B in the 2007 Blue Book as far as I can tell. However Class 3 etc does not need Tyres that are in List 1B:

'Tyres to be any road legal E-marked radial tyre or listed in 2006 or 2007 MSA Technical Regulations Permitted Tyres ® List 1B – radial tyres only. Maximum tyre width 215mm.'

The above is what is in the 2007 Championship regulations.

Brian

Thanks Martin,

But when it says V700/V7000 in the Blue Book that is what it means - not V70A!

I spoke to Protyre my local tyre people in Gloucester yesterday and they couldn't give me a date when they could obtain these tyres as they were so new they didn't appear on their systems etc and couldn't quote anyb pricing so you might not be able to get them in that timescale Martin.

Rob - Yes List 1A tyres only in Class 2. Yes you could run Stunners in Class 3 if you wish. The definition for Class 3 has only been amended from last year by adding the 'radials' bits and the tyre width sentence.

Brian

Info on Kumho website says the V70A is a list 1B tyre *confused*. Maybe a call to the MSA from Mark might clarify this?

I am thinking of running these tyres this year, I have a couple of points someone might be able to clarify.

The front tyres are 60 section, the rears 50. Is this not going to affect the performace of the tyre differently from front to rear?

I am buying new rims to fit these to, not being able to afford MB's I was thinking R500 spokes 8" rear 6" front, will this give me a tall skinny front with soft sidewalls and a wide shallow rear with hard sidewalls. *eek* Surrely not the ideal setup.

I could compensate on the front and fit to a 7" rim (are these available from Caterham? )

Please discuss and put my mind at ease

Robin........................Off to MK next week to have engine detuned so I can compete in class 3. *wink*

I think it's going to be green ish!!

List so Far.

Simon Rogers 2 + 2

Rob Margel 2 + 2

Mark Durant 2 + 2

Grahame W 2 + 2

Martin S. 2 + 2 🤔

Paul Bowden 4 @ 215 soft

Ken Evans 2+ 2

Powder Puff 2 + 2

rgrigsby 2 +2

old4art 2 + 2 - need you to confirm size option though

Adrian Williams 2 + 2

Jeff S 2 + 2

neil cav 2 + 2

TBC

Paul Gibb

Brian

Robin

Are there any others out there?

John Powell?

Richard Anderson?

Dave Nelson?

Mr Jackson?

Andy Griff

Shaun Elwell

Dave McFarlen

Dave Warren

Quick Question, don't think that this that it has been asked so far.

Will these tyres (in soft version) give better track performance than CR500's?

I am currently running standard 13" 8 spoke alloys (fronts are 175/55 R13 the rears are 205/55 R13) on CR500's.

Also would the Kumho 175 / 215 tyres require any changes to the car set-up e.g. camber changes?

I am keen to be able to switch between road and track use without too many set-up changes and wondered if it would be possible to swap between the CR500's (for road use) and the slightly wider Kumho's (for track use) if I were to buy another set of rims?

Cheers....Terry.