Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Bulk Buy - Kumho Ecsta V70A

Simon.Rogers1

• Support Team

Simon - thanks for thinking of me. I'm still debating whether to get an additional set of wheels and tyres or run the same as I did last year. I obviously don't want to run soft Kumhos as my every day tyre. I'll be driving to events but believe I could get away with a set of Kumhos to drive to events/compete and my CR500s for all other times.

I'll get back to you one way or the other on Friday.

Switching between Kumhos and CR500s would result in a different rake requirement - that might be an issue for me.

Terry - grip will almost certainly be significantly higher with the soft compound Kumhos than with the CR500s.

Yellow SL *cool* #32

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Terry - not sure if all your questions have been answered yet so here goes

Will these tyres (in soft version) give better track performance than CR500's?

the general feeling and assumption is yes thye will, although the CR500 is 'designed' for the caterham and potentially more suited to a car like a caterham, the general feeling is that the more stickiness of the kumho's will provide a better performance, some people have run these tyres on there cars last year but for most it will be a new expereince.

Also would the Kumho 175 / 215 tyres require any changes to the car set-up e.g. camber changes?

you may have to play with ride heights etc to get the rake to be as optimum as possible, but this is relatively easy, you may alos subsequently want to get it flat floored, as for camber if your car is set up for being a radial (so not xply) the general feeling is no camber changes, however I suspect over the season people may experiment with different settings

I am keen to be able to switch between road and track use without too many set-up changes and wondered if it would be possible to swap between the CR500's (for road use) and the slightly wider Kumho's (for track use) if I were to buy another set of rims?

if your primary use is road and with the occasional sprint/trackday then I would suggest keep your cr500 setup

if you are looking at competition as the primary objective, setup for the kumhos

if you do lots of trackdays/road driving and the odd sprint where ultimate performance isn't the be all and end all I would go with what ever setup best suits the trackdays/road

rob -all IMO

OK Here is the list.

Simon Rogers 2 + 2

Rob Margel 2 + 2

Mark Durant 2 + 2

Grahame W 2 + 2

Martin S. 2 + 2

Paul Bowden 4 @ 215 soft

Ken Evans 2+ 2

Powder Puff 2 + 2

rgrigsby 2 +2

Adrian Williams 2 + 2

Jeff S 2 + 2

neil cav 2 + 2

Nigel Fox 2 + 2

TonyR 2 + 2

Robin 2 + 2

I will be ordering the above Next week.

Could you all please send me a cheque 😬 Made out to Mel Williams for £280.00 (Paul Bowden £300)

Please send it to me

Kaiepa

Porthyrhyd

Carmarthen

SA32 8BN

Please also indicate if you would like the tyres sent to you or fitted at Llandow on the 24th March. Unfortunately Mel himself is not able to come as his son's first Autograss of the season is on the same day but he is going to arrange for someone else to come along to fit.

Anyone have any other ideas for fitting?

I had thought the 11th March at Silverstone but I think given the margin this guy is on we can only really ask him to go to one place. It'll cost him more in fuel to get everywhere than he makes on the tyres.

Simon,

First of all thanks for your efforts so far on this *thumbup* Will get a cheque in the post.

Llandow would be good for fitting for me, however I would like some track time with them as my whole idea of doing Llandow is to attempt to get the car (and me!) something like with the new tyres. Do you know if the fitter will be there nice and early?

Thanks,

Martin.

.....yes Mark and very good condition It's still in as well, I think I got a bargain (I bought his lovely MB's as well). Sad though, Duncan can no longer drive his 7 due to a back injury sustained when Karting, hence the reason for selling. He's really cut up about it and I think just trying to sum up the gourage to put his car up for sale.

Simon

I hope that I am not too late - clearance problems not resolved but I will take the risk!

So, 2 x 175 & 2 x 215 in Soft please. Cheque in post.

Thanks

Paul Forster

Edited by - old4art on 2 Feb 2007 15:51:40