Click here if you are having website access problems ×

weird starting problem

Steve Robinson

Have been having a problem starting my SLR that I hope someone can help me with.

Went for a blat this morning (fantastic by the way!) and the car started OK. Got back and stopped, opened garage to put car away and it wouldn't start again. Engine turned over very slowly 2 or 3 times but it was as if battery was flat.

This is 3rd time it has done this, starts OK, runs then seems like battery has lost all juice when you stop and try to re-start. Pushed car into garage, and out of curiosity tried again, and it fired up fine.

Any ideas?????

Robbo

Steve.

I assume you have the std. MEMS so the mapping is rather, err, fixed. Aftermarket ecu's ala Emerald etc can be programmed to alter these parameters.

I think the problem may be starter related as the unit is very close to the exhaust. Fine at initial start up as all is cold. After a blat though, the heat soak may be getting to it!

Just a guess......................

howabout a dodgy earth connection to the engine?

Had similar symetoms caused by such a thing on a Lancia- Replaced cable and no more problems.

Could test next time it does it by connecting a jump lead direct from battery negative to something decent on the engine.

Bri

Take it back!! I'm sure it's not, but I had a sim problem with a car many years ago. It was a bottom end problem. It ran fine, but got tight when stopped and hot. Would never start after stopping until a bit cooler.

Never heard of ot on a k series though.

Graham

PS Get a refund and buy some Linn kit...got some beutiful Linn Komri speakers to listen to!