Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Jenveys throttle cable linkage

Andy A

I dont know exactly what you are looking for but I have 4 throttle 'quadrants' that I had machined out of aluminiun. These screw to the existing lever arm with 2- M4 capscrews and have a profile very similar to the standard 52mm TB. These use the standard cable and nipple in conjunction with the Jenvey bracket and provide a progressive throttle action by using a reducing active radius.

Dave H.

Mad about S77ENS

Ohhh

could I buy one of your 4 quadrants please ?

could you please send me a picture and a price .

sorry for the hyjack

Dave

ps - Andy you are better off with a Bernard scouse throttle bracket for a K than a Jenvey throttle cable underslung lever . *thumbup* these are also available from Dave Andrews

here is C7 TOP

Taffia Area Rep *thumbup*

Dave - I havent seen the Bernard Scouse kit, but if it's not specific to the airbox (and fits presumably on the Jenveys since the manifold studs would be different on a K to my VX) then maybe its OK?

Can you say why it would be better?

IMHO that Bernard scouse throttle bracket is a piece of poop. I took one look at it and left it with Oily.

It does work, but doesn't cater for the rotation of the butterfly spindle, so the outer cable describes an arc every time you move the pedal and the inner must move laterally.

The Jenvey throttle linkage isn't cheap, but is an excellent piece of engineering. The butterfly return spring(s) push to close, rather than pull, so will close the throttle even if they break. They also give a slight degree of exponential opening of the butterfly's the further you push the pedal.

But, as has recently been mentioned on the Duratec thread - you get what you pay for *cool*

BRG Brooklands SV 😬 It seems that perfection is achieved not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing more to take away. (Antoine de Saint-Exupery)

Mark, I'm interested. Thanks.

Tony - certainly drawings of the Jenvey bracket make it look pretty complicated, almost over-engineered, but it does look like the right bit of kit. Thanks for the comparison.

I presume it doesnt need any additional spring or throttle stop?

When I fitted the single spring version to my DTHTB's and was opening the throttle by hand, I felt that there was too much return tension and removed one of the rotary springs from a TB.

Obviously there is more force available from your foot on the pedal - duh. It wasn't too light, but it is fine with the two rotary springs and the Jenvey linear spring.

Luckily Jenvey sell replacement rotary springs for their TB's, so I've since refitted it.

My feeling is that you do NOT want the throttle to stick open, so the more redundancy the better - not too much total spring tension though *cool*

BRG Brooklands SV 😬 It seems that perfection is achieved not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing more to take away. (Antoine de Saint-Exupery)

Mine's an SV, so you'll have to ask someone with a narrow 7 *cool*

Andy

I'm just converting my VX to TBs and I made this bracket from a SBD provided diagram.

This uses an underslung cable as before, but I had to slightly move it as it wanted to go through the middle of the new air filter!

I puchased a 'slick' BMX bike cable and ran a big loop down and under the filter, then added an extra return spring.

Picture of bracket in here.

http://rides.webshots.com/album/556975688MXEbeI

http://community.webshots.com/user/ianmreynolds

Ian

(If you want to go faster, you will have to add lightness!)

Edited by - Ian R on 20 Jan 2007 19:52:07

Ian, that looks a very neat installation. Watch out for blatmail with seperate questions *cool*

My TBs are DTH so maybe a different bracket required but worth looking into.

Hoping to hear from Mark on the jenvey linkage.

I see you've been doing some porting too. *thumbup*

Andy

Thanks. Head came with the porting, was a surprise to me when I saw it! I dont actually know what a std head looks like so don't know what has really been done.

Also found when I went to change the rod bolts that they had been done too! Looks like the rods had been tinkered with and slightly deeped cutouts on the piston crowns.

Surprisingly the cams were standard, these I had reground by Kent to the first mild increase on the std cams, should give extra 15bhp.

Got a bit of wiring to finish and but the sump back on.... then see if it starts!!

Goodness knows what you do it it doesn't?!?

Blatmail goes to my work mail, I'll check that Sunday, my home email is

"ian.m.reynolds@btinternet.com"

Ian