Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Roadsport A - superlight spec for 1400 money!

Steve Robinson

A need to finance a new extension means my lovely roadsport A has to go. ☹️ Those that know me will realise that this car has survived longer with me than any other, I've managed to keep it for 15 months which is way longer than any of my previous 4 cars *eek*

So, onto the spec:

It is a 1998 Roadsport A (ex racecar) on an R plate. Engine is a 1600k supersport with the MSA seals still intact. It was resprayed in 2005 in subaru blue, paintwork is good but has a few scratches and some touch up spots on it. It also has:

6 speed gearbox

dry sump

LSD

Widetrack

Big brakes

Brake bias valve

Aeroscreen plus windscreen and doors

So except for the fact that the handbrake is under the dash not on the tunnel it is the same as a fully loaded superlight.

Through the MIRA and curborough speed traps it matched Adrian and Rob's cars which spent the winter with DVA. So true output is above a standard 1600 supersport - but it is still eligible for class 3 if you want to sprint it.

To turn it into a full road car it only needs a wiper motor fitting (can supply the motor with the car) and you have the option of keeping the tatty carbon dash in place or putting on a brand new standard dash. I replaced the de-sion tube in March and have just fitted a brand new battery. Has had 2 service/spanner checks from 7 workshop in the last year.

Make me an offer in the region of £11,500 and the car is yours. You won't find a better spec for this kind of money - perfect for track days, sprinting or road use!

Steve

Edited by - steve robinson on 16 Jan 2007 19:27:12