Click here if you are having website access problems ×

X-Flow 7 For Sale

Gary Furst

The car was built from new components for me by SPR of Bishops Stortford and registered in August 1990. It is on a Q - Plate (because I didn't want to pay the £1600 extra in car tax). The car is BRG with a yellow nosecone. It is road legal as required by all three of the different championships that I have run in since 1991. The MOT runs until August.

The engine is a Ford Kent Crossflow 1700cc with Cosworth forged pistons (rods, crank and finger followers are all steel) and is built by Roger King Engines (please feel free to call him on 01992 421111 or E-mail him at Rkingeng@aol.com).

The engine is dry sumped and has a 3D engine mapping in the Webber-Alpha ECU, which also has a 9000rpm rev limiter incorporated. It runs on 2 Twin choke Webber DCOE 45s. I have a remote oil filter and oil cooler fitted. The engine has a gear driven cam shaft rather than chain or belt driven.

The cam is a modified 264 cam with more duration than normal.

The car has a de-dion rear suspension and I run a 4.4:1 lsd with a long first gear and short 5th. In this spec it manages a 1'18 lap around Snetterton (although a 1'17 should be possible), and a 1'04 lap at Pembrey and even a 2'56 at Spa-Francorchamps and low 8' lap around the Nurburgring.

I have had the Bilstein Race dampers overhauled last August and the gearbox Baulk rings also replaced in August. The battery is brand new, and I have all the bills available for the entire 11 years of my ownership.

I have AP Racing 4 pot calipers on the front and the original Ford rear brakes with integral handbrake. The brake pads that I use are "Carbon Metallic" which give a solid pedal hot or cold straight away.

I have a Techcraft 6" diameter repackable silencer fitted to stainless steel equal length primary exhaust pipes exiting from the side of the car.

The gearbox gears are straight cut quaife gears (except for 4th which is part of the main shaft casting) and I run the engine gearbox and diff on synthetic oil. The gearbox is based on the Ford Type 9 from I think the Sierra.

I run the car in the Jaguar Car Club Centurian Challenge, which is an endurance series for road going sports cars. Each race is 100miles long with 1 or 2 driver teams and no refueling is allowed during the race. To cover the race distance I have a 10 gallon fuel tank fitted.

The car comes with the hood and hood sticks, tonneau and boot cover as well as the original bench type seats and carpets either way and if you want it my fixed position fibreglass racing seat and 6 point seat belt harness. Oh, and the front screen is heated!

And Finally I'm looking for £9995

Contact me at gfurst@jaguar.com or gary.furst@freeuk.com or

Phone:- 01926 424363 or 07968 162296.