Very low mileage block

210 bhp specification

Keyed and balanced crank

Heavy duty rod bolts

Wet sump

Flywheel

Clutch

Would normally cost £4750.00 new. Looking for £2,950.00

This was going to form the basis of my new engine but I’ve changed my mind again!

Give me a call if you are interested and want more information. 01394 383499 / 07860 494064

AMMO

Regin

I usually eat something and then wonder if I should have eaten something else instead 😬

With the new engine I will probably have to end up building something too powerful and then de-tuning it to suit my needs. Every time I build myself an engine I always wonder if I should have gone a bit further. An old friend of mine always takes the piss and says "of course what you have is plenty enough and you won't be tuning it any further will you?" In the 25 years he has known me I have always ended up tuning my engines just that little bit more 😬

I am willing to take digital backs in part exchange for engines if you are interested 😬

AMMO

Blimey that was a quick about turn *eek* when we were standing in your garage only last Thursday looking at the Duratec, you were looking forward to building it up and getting it in the 7 for the Spring.

So what's the new plan or can't you divulge just yet?

Brent

2.3 DURATEC SV Reassuringly Expensive

R 417.39 😬

Regin

If it is one of those old Kodak 1.5 MegaPixel backs to fit an F90? I can swop you a Pinto for it 😬 😬

Brent

Lots of K Series for sale now that everybody is going over to Duratec 😬 Not mentioning any names.

If nobody buys this engine I'll still use it as my basis. As the is is hopefully the last Duratec I build for myself for a long while I wanted to start from a brand new engine. Still going for a 2 litre. Not nailed the final spec. yet. More than I originally intended. I think...........perhaps *confused* Maybe big valves.........who knows?

Martin

Correct! The Duratec is Japanese.

Wonkycustard

You can turn a Duratec into a Chinese engine if you buy some of the cheap, nasty rods I have seen. *thumbdown* Shame there isn't a vomit icon

AMMO

Regin

A modern camera for a modern engine sounds more like it. *thumbup* Not handled the H2 and really don't want to as Im afraid I would like it! I would really like to do something with my old V series cameras. They might slow my rate of shooting down a bit too. Since digital "film" is free I have been over-shooting like crazy. Need to slow down.

Funny, a couple of years ago I managed to change every post into a Duratec post. Now even my Duratec posts are turning into photography posts. Maybe my interests are shifting slightly.

Anyway, anybody wanna buy my motor?

AMMO