Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Shelters and Quick Lift Jacks

TerryHoll

I am going to compete in as many rounds as possible this year and have a couple of questions.

Do people use car shelters to protect against the wind / rain etc. when waiting around? I am thinking of investing in one for my boy's Karting and wondered if I should buy one which could be used for both.

If they are used, are there any recommendations re. make, size, and cost and is it worth getting one with removable sides. Don't want to spend too much, but equally I don't want it blowing off at the first gust of wind.

Secondly, I need a jack and was going to buy one of the quick lift versions. The only one that I can find is in demon tweeks (p375 2007 version). There are 2 obvious options listed, a small one at £104.63 + vat and a long one at £108.35. Does anyone know if these are suitable for Caterhams, and if so which one would be best.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers....Terry.

shelters - there are quiet a few in the paddock, and as always you pay what you get for, IMO get a decent one from a maker such as EZup, I have another make whihc although very good is a bit on the heavy side, mine is 2*3M which is just about good enough but maybe 3*3 is best...

quick lift jacks I think both are OK , depends how much space you have I guess

rob *thumbup*

Terry

I can recommend an EZ-UP and as Rob says you get what you pay for but I would avoid anything with an aluminium frame as they normally buckle in the strong winds.

The quicklift jacks are ok for changing wheels and the short one is sufficient for the 7 however, although I have a quicklift I prefer to take a trolley jack to sprints as these are generally more useful when investigating a problem under the car and can also be used if you need to change a wheel on your trailer.

Mark D

Comp Sec *cool*