Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Which class

Nifty

Having only competed twice at Curborough I'm hoping to do more sprinting this year.

Unfortunately, I have been stupid enough to fit (or more accurately, I am about to fit) an R400 engine into my 1400 Supersport chassis, thus taking me out of Class 2/3 and I assumed throwing me into Class 4/5 where I shall be even further out of my depth.

However, I read mention in another BC thread that 190 hp would put the car in Class 4 .. suggesting that 200hp would put it into Class 6.

Is this really the case 🤔 .....

... Not that it will affect my chances of achieving last in class on every outing but I'd be extremely embarrassed to be running between Brodie Branch and Jeremy Clarke 😳 😳 😳

Keep off the straight and narrow *tongue* 😬

On a more serious note ... it did puzzle me that I did Curborough once in 2005, my only sprint ever until I did Curborough again last May .. yet I was no longer considered a novice in May last year.

Had I attended every sprint in 2005 I'd have had far more experience than I have now and yet I'd still be classed a novice until the season had ended.

That was my problem Mark .. I was in effect a novice for just one event .. since I only did the August Curborough sprint in 2005.

Anyway, at least my gearchanges should be a little quicker *tongue* *tongue* *tongue*

This will mean that you will be up against people like Andy Griffiths, Dave Jackson and Simon Rogers 😬
Oh great joy ... an equal amount of humiliation *thumbdown* *thumbdown* ☹️

😬 😬 😬 😬

It's the taking part that counts.

At least I'll be able to get horribly sideways at the Molehill a little quicker

Edited by - Nifty on 9 Jan 2007 13:42:38

Nifty,

What BHP will your engine had? Could you de-tune it so that it comes in at 185bhp or so to get you into class 4? You'd have to be open with people about what you had done. Simply claiming a lower rev-limit might not satisfy all.

Or run in class 5 with a perfect excuse for why you are so slow, just like a real racing driver!! 😬 😬 😬

This will mean that you will be up against people like Andy Griffiths, Dave Jackson and Simon Rogers . Oh great joy ... an equal amount of humiliation *thumbdown* *thumbdown* ☹️]

And ME so at least you will no be last 😬 *wink*

'Can you hear me running' ......... OH YES and its music to my ears 😬 😬 😬

1988 200 bhp, 146 ft lbs, 1700cc Cosworth BD? engineered by Roger King, on Weber's with Brooklands and Clamshell wings, Freestyle Motorsport suspension.

Hi BB

You last me thinks not I still remember Lydden Hill ..... you came up so fast behind me that afterwards I thought of an old film (Ben Hur 🤔)

Were the slaves are rowing a galley and the meter drum beat increases and then some one calls out 'Ramming Speed' *eek* 😬 😬 😬

Anyway how's the car its not like you to be off the road very long 🤔

Hi WindyCat .... lets be very clear on this LAST is RESERVED for ME...........OK *wink*

'Can you hear me running' ......... OH YES and its music to my ears 😬 😬 😬

1988 200 bhp, 146 ft lbs, 1700cc Cosworth BD? engineered by Roger King, on Weber's with Brooklands and Clamshell wings, Freestyle Motorsport suspension.