Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

DCOE 40s on a 1700 Xflow

Sam Monoogian

I'm swapping my 1600 unmodified crossflow for a 1700 with approx 135-145bhp (not a Caterham supplied Supersprint engine *tongue*). I plan to keep my existing DCOE 40 carbs, but am unsure how to go about rejetting them.

Will it run well enough on the 1600 jets to get me to a rolling road, or should I take a best guess and go from there?

Any recommendations for somewhere to get it set-up around Oxfordshire/Berkshire?

Sam, you really will need to rejet the carbs for it to run properly. Dave Andrews website has loads of info on jetting for different engine specs.

If you just want to start with the standard Caterham spec of jetting, which is probably a reasonable starting point, why not talk to one or two of the guys who have upgraded from X/Flow to Zetec recently? They will probably have a set of jets which will do the job to get you to a rolling road. *idea*

Try Guy Lowe or Steve Motts since they have both gone this route.

Brent

2.3 DURATEC SV Reassuringly Expensive

R 417.39 😬

Sorry, but I did a deal with Raceline and traded in my old jets.

I think Guy may be using his old jets as the Focus Zetec has larger inlet valves, so the 1700 Xflow ones will be just about right.

Steve

SE7EN-UP!

The funny thing about this signature is, by the time you realise it says nothing, it's too late to stop reading it.

Sam

As Steve says I will be keeping the same jets and I have sold my old 32mm chokes.

The "standard" Caterham 135HP Supersprint set up for 40's is:

32mm Chokes

4.5 Aux Vent

F16 Emulsion Tubes

120 mains

50F9 Idle

165 Air

Guy SB Lowe o *arrowup*o

The ZETEC Conversion has begun here