Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Red 04 Plate A20 Farningham

K16TOY

T'was I chaps.... picked the car up from the factory today with my new 4-1 R500 zorst and widetrack suspension 😬 😬 😬 Decided to take the scenic route home in the rain past Brands down into Kemsing, Ightham, Tonbridge etc etc....

Very pleased with the new zorst - couldn't really see if it has made a performance difference today but it has definitely removed the flat spot between cams at around 3500-4500 revs... and widetrack really does sort turn in, even in the rain it was happier to turn-in, and seemed less prone to tramlining (although that could have been my imagination).

Thats the winter budget blown anyway (in a big way!!)- roll on the summer and a few track days 😬 - plus a few more blats when weather allows eh guys

Rich

Passed my test in 1988, but still I'm learning to drive! here

Don't worry Nathan...if he turns up commando he'll have to wear his tea cosy instead, at least then only his ears will get cold *eek* 😬 😬

Paul, Got your text re your little star Maisie, what a girl eh!! *thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup*..give her a hug from Caroline, Phoebe & me XXXX

Rich, is there any of your original car left 😬,upgaditis really has well and truly set in *thumbup* will look forward to seeing the new bits on your car...bit of washout this weekend eh guys ☹️ ☹️ *thumbdown* *thumbdown* *mad*

StEVEN

Saw it *eek* wanted it 😬 was growing old *mad* got it! *thumbup* here

Nathan - The exhaust sound is very similar to the original - don't think it's any louder, but that "machine gun rattle" that I used to get on the 2nd cam isn't there any more, which is a shame if you ask me. Need to give it a good full blast in the dry before I can really see if there is any difference though. How's the suspension tweeking going, have you sorted out your skittish rear end yet (so to speak)

Steve - Don't get me started on upgraditis - there is still the brakes, engine and gearbox left to get a tweeking yet, not to mention the diff (in other words the expensive bits!! 😳 😳). But I'm in no rush, want to enjoy the car as it is before I spend any more dosh - plus I have to pay the taxman this month *eek* *mad* *eek*

Paul - Reading between the lines sounds like congrats are in order!!!??? - if so, hope you're getting used to the sleepless nights??

Rich

Passed my test in 1988, but still I'm learning to drive! here

Hi Rich

Taking the car down to 7 Indulgence tomorrow weather permitting to see what my options are might change to softer springs and get it setup again but someone I work with who had a Lotus 7 twink and raced it does not think the springs or to hard he advised me to get the car tracking set up parallel to a tiny bit of toe in rather than toe out at the front as it is currently.

Wethaer permiiting will be out this Sunday any one up for a blat.

Nathan

Nathan good to read that your car is going in for setting up, hopefully it should be sorted!! *thumbup*..i didn't get out over the weekend so i'll be itching to get out this weekend *thumbup* *thumbup*..i will let you all know ok..

Richyd, Maisie is 11 yrs old 😬 😬 😬..she's in a post op ward for a little while and doing well *thumbup* *thumbup*

Later.

Saw it *eek* wanted it 😬 was growing old *mad* got it! *thumbup* here

Thanks Steve *thumbup*

Richyd - no worries, it's been in and out of hospital morning and evening for the last 2 weeks for me, but Maisie is doing well and that's what counts. She will hopefully be out in a week then we can get back to some sort of normality. Will Catch up with you all soon, all the best *thumbup* *wink*