Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Servicing in Derbyshire

bertie

There is John Noble Motorsport in Chesterfield who are or used to be a Caterham agent. 01246 272749

But personally, I wouldnt. I've had poor service from them before and they are more Max Power these days.

Sebah in Fiskerton come well recommended but they might be a trek for you as they are the Newark side of Nottingham. 01636812272

Bertie, Johm Noble are no longer caterham dealers and I would suggeste you keep away from them. John Noble is no longer a part of this firm.

However if you're near Chesterfield thers is a chap who really knows what he's doing and looks after several race cars and Radicals (including Richard Ince's)

problem is I cannot remember his name but I can direct you to his premisis.

Looking at the Google map I think the name of the road is Whitting Valley Rd. If you leave Chesterfield on the A61 towards Sheffield and turn right at the roundabout where the car dealers are, Brimington Rd, then take the first right into Whitting Valley Rd. You can see a tyre place as your waiting to turn right. Go on past the tyre dealer and a little way down on the left is a tin shed building with a name with an "X" in it. Thats him. Don't be put off by the premises, pop in and have a chat. Tell him Norman with the 7 he flat floored sent you.

Sorry I can't be more specific, I deleted his number from my phone bok when we moved here.

Norman Verona, 1989 BDR 220bhp, Reg: B16BDR, Mem No 2166, the full story here

You and your seven toThe French Blatting Company Limited

Sandy - Sebah have not serviced Caterhams for a number of years now, in fact there is no Sebah Automotive business any more. I think Richard Scrivener is still in the workshop there though, restoring classics IIRC, he may still be able to help out but I don't have his number handy.

Roadsport build photo's here

Le Mans 2004 photo's here

Edited by - Grubbster on 5 Jan 2007 23:11:45

Arh Norman you mean the guy who did all the Formula Ford's, that going to bug me all night now, strangely enough though you may mean Excell Automotive:

Unit 6-7, 875, Chesterfield Rd, Sheepbridge, Chesterfield, Derbyshire S41 9EF

Tel: 01246 455863

Just over the way, 1 of the partners there is Phil Bradley, both he his business partner Melvin and myself used to work for the aforementioned Mr Noble when he was a CC agent at his previous premises many moons ago, and Phil also worked for the Formula Ford guy.

Phil is a top guy, fanatical about all things fast and Italian and has engineered a superb exmaple of a Westie, along with working his magic on my cylinder head 😬

Give him a call and him Neil with the Yellow Caterham recommended him, he will undoubtadly offer you a very competent and through service and has a passion about 7's *thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup*

"My R400 is due a service so apart from the obvious pain in the backside trip to Caterham Midlands"

Berties location : Midlands *confused*

You seem to live nearer to Caterham Midlands than people in Surrey do to Caterham Dartford and you don't have the M25 to contend with

I'm just curious as to why Caterham Midlands is a pain to get to for you and other folk clearly based in the Midlands

GB

It wasn't me, it was him, he did it, I saw him with my own two eyes

I'm just curious as to why Caterham Midlands is a pain to get to for you and other folk clearly based in the Midlands

Its not a pain to get to in a car, but it is a pain to leave without one.Its in the middle of nowhere

So the options are

a) Borrow a trailer

or

b) sit in the showroom drinking thier coffee and generally sticking your nose in.

Now I can stand that for a couple of Hours, they can (if they were honest ) stick it for considerably less. 😬

If at first you don't succed Sky diving is not for you

Delbert

The other option is persuade one of them to give you a lift (in your own car) to the nearest station and go back by train; you'll need to get a taxi on the return leg.

Finally, persuade SWMBO to follow you there and then give you a lift back *thumbup*. Lots of Brownie points needed for this though.

I agree it is a pain, which is what got me into servicing my own car and only going to CML for more major work.

Steve

Steve,

11 yrs after my divorce somebody has given me 1 reason to remarry....

I to do my own servicing but still use CC for the major bits, I organise days out with my local reps and thats where they pick me up from and drop me off *thumbup* which I think is a totally justifiable use of Company resource 😬

But in general it is in the 🙆🏻end of nowhere

If at first you don't succed Sky diving is not for you

7 wonders, No not him. This chap doesn't advertise his prescence as he's up to his eys in race support work. I think he calls himself X-track or something like it.

The "shed" is a goldmine of R500 and other race 7's and Radicals. Some of the 7's are actually stacked one on top of the other, there's so many.

Norman Verona, 1989 BDR 220bhp, Reg: B16BDR, Mem No 2166, the full story here

You and your seven toThe French Blatting Company Limited

Bertie,

the guy Norman is referring to is Trevor Greaves at Transpower,Unit 7,Whitting Valley Road,Chesterfield.

Tel.01246-456277.

As Norman says,they work on some very slick motors and are in great demand.I found them very helpfull, I'm sure they will

be able to sort you out.

Cheers,Geoff.

I would also very strongly advise to keep away from John Noble motorsport who built my first engine, I won't air my laundry in public only because I don't want to jepordise this great site..cost me a lot of heartache and money learning that valuable lesson though. Of course, this is only my personal opinion.

The reason it's a pain is that it's an hour and 20 minutes each way, so with a bit of faffing there it's 3 hours to take it in, and 3 hours to collect it, 6 hours wasted in total.

You can't dictate what the weather will be on the day, ergo it's always raining, and we all know a Caterham with the roof on is like driving a motorised coffin, only louder.

They don't collect and they don't have loan cars so you have to find some way of getting back, usualy involves wasting 6 hours of the wifes time, always popular!!

Maybe I've been spoiled, every other car I've got the dealer either collects or at least gives you a loan car.

I'm not having a go Caterham them because I've always found them really good.

The Chesterfield guys sound good and are slightly closer.

I guess I was really hoping that there was some place on the outskirts of Derby which I'd missed who were racing and servicing Caterhams, I know, I'm ever the optimist!

I live about 10 mins from Caterham Midlands, so could possibly help you, or anybody with lifts to / from town (leicester) or fosse park etc. I work a bizzarre pattern of shifts covering 24 hours, so am sometimes free in the morning, sometimes in the evening but sometimes not at all in the day. It's pot luck really but if anyone is stuck or looking, then by all means blatmail me and I can see if I'm around at that particular time.

Cheers,

Ben

I would use Dave Wingfield in Kimberworth nr Rotherham. He own a Seven it is an MOT station and above all Dave is a top bloke. I cant recommend Dave highly enough.

I would not use Trevor but its a long story and not really Blatchat material

Give Dave a Bell on 01709 556299

Its Yellow And Black and Makes me 😬here

Borrow a trailer and take it down to McMillan Motorsport at Bruntingthorpe. McMillans look after all the Grads series racecars, among others. Their website is here Leave the whole lot there and come back to it all done a couple of days later *thumbup*

Alternatively go on a day when there's some activity on at the Proving Ground, and blag free rides while U wait 😬