Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Cat replacement exhaust section from 55 SL

robindunscombe

Hi,

I have a straight through exhaust pipe section - the pipe that replaces the cat from a 55 superlight. Not sure of its value yet and it is still on the car. However, selling as it is not legal for the road and I use the 7 both on track and road.

If someone give me an indication of value I will edit this post & put a price on it.

Thks,

Robin

Hi,

Thanks for the responses. My main concern is if I was involved in an accident and whether or not the insurance company would pay up. They usually find any excuse to get out of it.

Thanks Dave I received your email. Its a 4 into one pipe and in very good condition.

Robin

If you had an accident the loss adjuster would have to make an appointment to view the car, you can then fit the catalyst before inspection. If you are too badly injured to do so then this would be the least of your worries. What you should be aware of is that your catalyst will rapidly deteriorate when used on track, the use of full throttle and constant acceleration overfuelling will over heat the cat and it will fuse to a solid block and be useless in no time.

Many cats are contained within the silencer box ( Racelines for one) and are indestiguishable from the non cat silencer, it is therefore impossible to tell if a cat is being used without either removing the silencer and probing or doing an emissions test.

I would advise you to rethink before selling .

Rob