Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

POR 15

millsn

Just applied this to the car so I've some pertinent advice to those considering the same:

1) Buy yourself some latex gloves before doing it (I write with black hands that will still be black in a week).

2) Don't buy the 'chassis coat black' by mistake if you order it on the net

Nigel Mills - My next car must have xenons

3) If you get some in your hair it will wash out if you're quick. However, remember that using your ungloved hand to check, then using the same hand to turn the shower on will result in a number of POR15'd fingers and a replacement shower valve knob!

Not that I found this out myself, you understand... 😬

cheers,

Darren.

just about to do this over the next couple of nights

Car is preped and ready - scraped, de greased and zinc coated - now just getting some cheap brushes and gloves!!!

Not looking forward to the painting. under the car with paint etc!!!

Winner of the Largest pair in a non SV 7 (Rumble 2003) here

Edited by - Nic Day on 2 Jan 2007 12:37:18

A job for the next few weeks, noticed a few bits that need doing while under the car doing an oil change, so it's staying up on the ramps while I wait for the POR15 and Dinotrol to be delivered.

R287 Mobile Jaffa Cake- It's black at both ends with a smashing orangey bit in the middle here

I started off with hammerite, abraded down to bare metal and degreased, then paintd over it with two coats. It took me ages and I did it a few months back .haven't driven the car since and it's already rusty. Can't believe it here's hoping POR15 will do the trick.

I don't suppose the connected battery protects the car from corrosion does it? given I've disconnected the battery it could explain the sudden accelration in corroded bits?

Nigel Mills - My next car must have xenons