Click here if you are having website access problems ×

2007 mods?

Mr Happy

• 3 weeks later...

Very little, I want to see how the new classes work out before spending any real money on a new engine.

Just doing preventative maintenance as the car is 16 years old and some bits are probably at the end of their life. So far its going well. Had a great couple of sessions the last two weekends replacing high stressed nuts and bolts, fitting bushes, tidying wheels, touching up paint, making new stainless spats, greasing propshaft, changing diff oil etc,etc,etc *thumbup*

We are also making a bespoke airbox to quieten the engine down, which will also mean a new ali radiator is needed *thumbup*

Well its looking like I am getting a 4.44 diff with a new 0.87, 5th gear in my 5 speed Quaife boxmay be a new 1st gear... current one 2.39 ...

I am still a bit 'sitting on the fence' at the moment.... getting a few prices.

'Can you hear me running' ......... OH YES and its music to my ears 😬 😬 😬

1988 200 bhp, 146 ft lbs, 1700cc Cosworth BD? engineered by Roger King, on Weber's with Brooklands and Clamshell wings, Freestyle Motorsport suspension.

Martin... 😬 😬 😬 😬 *thumbup*

For me... if I get all the bits in time... a nice new c. 185bhp engine fit for class 4. Plus some new front pads, and a roll cage if funds will stretch.

Thought about buying some new skill and ability but decided to splurge on BHP instead. 😬 😬 😬

• 2 weeks later...