Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Elite IL-200 Sequential Gearbox

Alex Wong1697456877

I have an IL200 5 speed which has had a few teething probs but it seems to be pretty reliable nowadays. Elite are doing a mod to stiffen up the shift in Jan then it's was going back in the car. The box is brilliant for track/sprint driving and is ok on the road when you get used to it but I think I'd like to go back to an H pattern and quieter box when fund allow. If anybody's interested, I'd sell it for £1500 (over £3000 new) which would get me most of the way to a Hi spec Quaiffe H-pattern dog box. It's going in for a check by Elite in Jan so hopefully they will verify the box is in good working order.

Custom made prop included. - and the geartronics indicator and display - the gear indicator has been drilled to fit behind a 55mm gauge lens - looks la bit messy when out of the car but is very tidy when fitted.

Will also include the heavy duty Gearbox mount that Elite made for me and the linkage and gear lever.

Just looked on Elite's website - all this this would cost well over £4000 new !!

1. 2.4

2. 1.687

3. 1.333

4. 1.105

5. 0.961

FD: 3.62

Drop Gear 0.96

Mph @ 7250

57 mph

80 mph

102 mph

123 mph

141 mph

drops

-2154 (to 5096)

-1521 (to 5729)

-1240 (to 6010)

-945 (to 6305)

Edited to add included items

Edited by - Alex Wong on 21 Dec 2006 15:12:02

yes. Custom made prop included. - and the geartronics indicator and display - the gear indicator has been drilled to fit behind a 55mm gauge lens - looks la bit messy when out of the car but is very tidy when fitted.

Will also include the heavy duty Gearbox mount that Elite made for me and the linkage and gear lever.

Just looked on Elite's website - all this this would cost well over £4000 new !!

Edited by - Alex Wong on 21 Dec 2006 11:57:28

Bought early 2004.

Done about 5000 miles - road track and sprint use.

Had one failure due to input shaft coming loose. Elite fitted a new nose piece, a new input shaft and an extra bearing and it's been fine since. It did have an issue with skipping gears but Elite have much experience of this problem and a proven fix that is being applied in Jan.

It's a 5 speed Straight cut dog box. The six speed has an extra lever for reverse. The 5 speed is like a bike box.

R -- N --1 --2 --3 --4 --5

You need to lift the collar on the lever to get neutral.

The Prop was purpose made by GKN and had new UJ's approx 18 months ago.

There is no speedo drive on these boxes.

It's been fitted to a QED 240 BHP engine and more recently with a JPE engine.

(posted by Roy Booth on behalf of Andrew Barriskell)

Alex

Are you interested in a P/Ex deal to include the return of the box I bought from you when you upgraded?

If so email me vinnie@barriskell.com

Vinnie

See willfly.net for more info.

If you don't spin you ain't trying *smile*

Happiness is knowing you have just a tad too much power *wink*

DVA 1.8K R345