Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

£50 Track Day

Sandy

This is in its early stages but I am trying to arrange a Corporate / Charity Trackday for my work colleagues

The idea is to book a weekend date early in the New Year at a Midlands track venue and attract 20+ 'passengers' who will contribute a minimum of £50

A similar number of 'drivers' (and their cars!) would then be required who would also donate a minimum of £50

I am in the process of requesting my Employer match the donations with another £50pp contribution

(Early indication is they think it is a great idea)

The drivers would be obliged to give passenger rides and the passengers obviously get the opportunity for multiple rides in different cars with drivers of varying ability.

The idea is to raise a chunk of money for 2 charities; NtL and another local Charity of my employers choice

The event would probably be 'piggy backed' onto a public event by a reputable Track day organiser so not exclusive to this event (unless the numbers are overwhelmingly good although I expect its the 'passengers' that will restrict the numbers)

So, subject to confimed costs and dates (and it is early days yet), please post on here if, in principle you would be interested in voulnteering as a driver

Thanks alot,

Sandy

Could be interested in this, date allowing. May need to consider which tracks would be suitable for noise limits as quite a few of us could well struggle at Donington for instance. Can I reserve all the good looking female passengers with good figures who will look on me as though I'm an Adonis please *smile*. That would leave the way clear for the larger proportioned to be allocated to the SVs *wink*.

Sandy,

I was thinking of doing Rockingham in March/April and getting the Cambridge and Stamford lot along and doing passenger rides for NTL.

Rockingham is good as passengers are free on the ticket price and so are second drivers.

It also has good viewing and facilities.

Let me know what you think but count me in anyway.

Rockingham Track Days

Sat 17th Feb, Sat 17th March, Sun 15th April *thumbup*

Marc

Edited by - MarcNS on 27 Dec 2006 10:55:36

Stuart,

I am hoping to raise a minimum of £150 per car - All proceeds left after booking will go to Charity - So, if the overall cost of the TD booking is £125 per car then there will be a surplus of £25 per car + any 'overpayments' people may make.

The cost to the drivers will be a minimum of £50 (plus their running costs for the day)

Sandy

Hi Sandy

I'd be up for this. I've done a similar things several times before.

IMO an airfeild would be a better venue for scaring passengers from a safety point of view but I dont know of any in the midlands apart from Bruntingthorpe which isnt very suitable. So Mallory would probably be your best option.

You could contact motor sport events they run tack days at Mallory and Ive been on a few charity days they have done held on airfeilds.

JEB

Mega Grad No 9

Mark

Rockingham imposing 98dB would be a shame, especially as my car is just over that - the BaT 2007 calendar still shows 105dB – who's your source?

Would be a great venue for the day - BaT are there on Sat 17 Feb - only 40 miles from Nottingham.

Tim

i can confirm that JEB has scared lots of people on my charity day. espescially Emma from Beds Autism who took five mins to get out of the car after a sideways near cone experience!!!

And I would be up for this aswell

Winner of the Largest pair in a non SV 7 (Rumble 2003) here