Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Coolant plumbing with Pace DS

bobt

Hi,

Just finishing off the install of my pace dry sump system and have a few queries regarding the 'J' pipe and rad bottom hose.

On a car without a DS the J pipe comes off the back of the stat housing and curves down back under the housing before making its way foreward to the rad bottom hose. However with the DS pump and gubins fitted this route is not possible. To prevent trapping air I assume its best to keep the J hose lower than the stat housing but the best you can do now is have it at the same height as the stat housing ie it curves away from the block horizontally and then goes forward. Problem then is that the J pipe runs directly infront of where the head return pipe needs to attach to the stat housing 🙆🏻. I don't want to pass the head return pipe under the J pipe as that will mean lifting it further. The only solution I can see is to cut and extend the curve part of the J pipe so that there is sufficient room to get the head return pipe on. Is something others who have installed the pace DS have had to do?

Cheers

Rob

Edited by - bobt on 17 Dec 2006 17:08:45