Click here if you are having website access problems ×

What do you need for Club Track Days? Both the car and the individual.

The Boy

Are there any special requirements for your 7 for CTD's?

Am I correct that you need FIA roll car? What about FIA harnesses, tyres, aero screen, helmets, cloves and suits, insurance etc. etc.

Any advice for a novice is welcome - Many thanks

Still saving for the 7!!!

FIA bar - is required.

Harnesses - not required but highly recommended. Personally, I wouldn't go on track without.

Tyres - entirerly up to you - from fuel saving Avons and Michelin Pile-ups to full slicks. Your choice.

Aeroscreen - up to you.

Helmets - The usual advice is to get the best you can afford. As a minimum make sure it meets the British Standard.

Clothes - as long as your arms and legs are covered you'll be fine. Many choose a suit for both comfort and safety though.

Insurance - check with your insurance company if they'll cover you. If not it could be expensive. There is no requirement to have insurance on track if you're prepared to take the risk.

More important than having the best car, best tyres and all the fancy clobber is just getting out there and having a go.

For the club trckdays, you need as a minimum:

your driving license

'FIA' (arch) or 'Trackday' (caged) roll over bar, with or without the petty strut.

Crash helmet to either BS 6658: Type A or EC 22-05.

Arms and Legs must be fully covered.

Any other equipment is optional.

Harnesses are highly recommended.

Regards

Martin - L7C trackday helper outer 😬

I do not understand why a good quality type B bike helmet is not allowed on a CLUB TRACKDAY.

I have had no problems on trackdays I have done this year at Donington, Oulton, Anglesey, Elvington, Harewood *mad*

Looks like I won't be doing any club track days in 07. *thumbdown*

The CarThe Club Built

Vvvrrrooomm

Edited by - MarcNS on 18 Dec 2006 15:41:40

Marc,

I fought long and hard to get approval for using EC22-05 for CLUB TRACKDAYS, having spent nearly £1000 on two helmets.

They were fine in 2001 and the club changed its ruling with no consultation over the winter to 'ban' ec22-05 in 2002.

This is a stipulation of the club, as is the FIA roll bar situation.

Personally, I'd happily forgo a trackday to buy new SAFETY equipment - even the cheapest of trackdays will see you into a decent helmet, with motorsport approval too. *thumbup*