Click here if you are having website access problems ×

0il pressure senders

patneale

Now on my 4th sender in 26000 miles on 2003 SV

Latest one is barmy showing 7 on start up and 8 when going through the gears when cold. 7 at 70 MPH after 20 miles and I know it should be reading 4. Still CC have coughed up on 2 of them AND I have fitted a plastic spray can cap over the whole thing to protect it from water and stones etc. I have never had any mechanical problems at all over 40000 + miles except on the electrical gauges and wipers....... Why are the electrical parts so bad ?? Caerbont ??

Why are the electrical parts so bad ?? Caerbont ??
My 7 had VDO sensors/gauges & I never had a problem, even when the OP sensor was worn away after a little curb practise! *eek*

Now running SPA gauges.

However on my other car (non 7) I have Caerbont gauges. I bought another OP sensor as the gauge wouldn't read correctly - no change. In desperation I sent the gauge & sensor back to Caerbont 7 asked them to calibrate it correctly - no change. So I now rely on a Mocal mechanical gauge which is much more reliable.

Yes in my eyes Caerbont are cr4p.

Edited by - Mick Day on 17 Dec 2006 17:21:44

• Area Representative

I too have had a number of oil pressure sensors. When I bought the last one from Redline, they told me that they have taken a few duff ones apart and they are invariably full of water or corroded. They suggested sealing around the plastic (where the spade connector is) with a little bit of silicone. I've done this, but too early to tell if it is worthwhile, but can't do any harm.

Paul Richards

Joint AO - L.A.D.S. (Lancashire and District Sevens)

Growing old is compulsory - Growing up is optional