Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Lighting on wide and super wirde track

TopQ1967

Yesterday,

A car that came from the oposit direction almost hit me.

His reaction was he could not see my total wide because the front headlamps are not on the outside of the car.

I think this will be a bigger problem on wide and super wide track cars.

What do you think about this?

Any solutions to the subject?

Regards,

Quirin

I agree it is a stupid thing for him to have said. However, to avoid this risk I bought a strip of Diamond White Retroreflective tape on ebay and applied it to the front wings as on this piccy here which makes the whole thing much more visible at night.

At the same time I wrapped the rear tubes of the rollover bar with red retroreflective too.

Cheers

Tom

FH54WLX

see here - UPDATED again

on a more serious note, I have always felt safer and nmore visible when driving with my headlights on in daylight ( ally car with carbon wings and black cage so pretty invisible on a country road) but other road users take offence to the headlights as they think I'm being agressive .

What we realy need is some small LED marker lamps ontop or underneath the wings 🤔 *thumbup* *thumbdown* *thumbup* *thumbdown*

here is C7 TOP

Taffia Area Rep *thumbup*

Thank you all for your information.

I know, If you comply to the regs. it may be o.k., but if some other driver run's your front wheel suspension of it will give a lot of problems……

In the Netherlands a lot of obstacles are put on the road (deliberately) to slow down the traffic. If you wait in front of such obstacle, an opposite drive may miscalculate your position (due to the headlamps sitting far inside the front dimensions). And hit the front wheel,

In the past I had a S3 Land rover, the S2 had a similar problem, it was solved to replace the lights to the wings (as per S3).

Regards,

Quirin