Click here if you are having website access problems ×

permission for schoolboy excitement?

Boonie Hound

I drove at Goodwood, I drove at Goodwood....repeat to fade...

or rather I drove slowly at Goodwood, occaisonally getting my line, gear and acceleration right...but it doesn't scan right.

Hats off to you guys who race or trackday regularly, it was a real eyeopener about the skills, confidence and sheer guts you need.

Expert tuition and advice was provided by GTD and Dannyboy - Big THANKS *thumbup* *thumbup*

Favourite advice over the intercom from Geoff - 'Don't you dare lift here' and 'flat out, flat out, don't brake' as the Shell buildings rushed towards me at a great rate of knots.

I haven't stopped 😬 😬 😬 yet although after we had finished I thought I saw GTD lift his eyes to the heavens and thank the Lord as he knew I wouldn't be taking his car out again.

Danny - how's your hand?

Boonie , As a journalist I know you sometimes have to wing the facts....

Even The Great Man Boris has been known to , whats the word I'm looking for ..... Ah yes make it up 😬

But you have used the words Expert tuition and Dannyboy in the same sentance intimating that the two are connected.

Is this the same Mr D Boy that took ZeNA for some Ballet lessons at Bedford?????

On the same corner that he tried to convince me to take "Flat" 😬 😬

Glad you enjoyed the day, I'd love to drive Goodwood but after the Bedford noise debacle (thats what Db stands for) I doubt if it will ever happen

When I get the mean reds the only thing to do is jump in the 7 ( with applebogies to Audrey)

😬 The spin was mentioned.

To be fair Geoff was the one who had to spend most of the day hiding his fear and saying that I was improving through gritted teeth. *tongue* 😬

But Danny was good too - being attacked by a tool and teaching me the proper way to get in the Seven..."BOTH FEET TOGETHER BOONIE!"

I may not have been a driving God but I was the most economical - I reached fifth gear twice.....apparently that's frowned upon. *tongue* 😬

😬 😬 😬Del..I only turned up for some moral support >

And....I got you to go much quicker at Bedford *tongue* *tongue* from early morning 'Driving Miss Daisy' Del to.....well....slightly quicker Del in one session!!

Ballet lessons for Zena were as a result of some strange handling/ driving techniques learned whilst driving the Carlton round just before....Caterhams dont drift as well 😬 😬 😬 😬

Glad you enjoyed Boonie!! Ever more glad that 619GTD is still in one piece as is your co-driver!! *smile* *cool*

The finger is OK...bruised it seems! LOL! However, didn't prevent an victory for dannyboy saturday afternoon on the tennis court *tongue* Played against a team that included Mike Reid the DJ! Nice bloke....

Dannyboy *tongue*

Stands up for fellow Fenman...realises he hasn't anything witty to say and sits down.....

Nice to see you Danny and thanks for the tips and help. I was very glad I kept it on the black stuff. Geoff was incredibly good after I messed up a line and the car had a slight wiggle......no hint of fear in his voice - the man deserves an Oscar.

WC it was hillarious, especially the time he had got in, belted up and then realised his helmet was out of reach on the bonnet.

Now any decent person would have realised that poor Boonie was about to drive from Curbourgh to the Fens in stinking rain, in some body elses car , for the first time and as such passed him his helemt.

Nope I laughed 😬

When I get the mean reds the only thing to do is jump in the 7 ( with applebogies to Audrey)

Mechanical sympathy is my middle name - apparently my parents hated me.

Look at it this way I didn't spin GTD's and he saved money on fuel - and as an added bonus got bought three stiff brandys to get over his passenger ride.

...just noticed on the photos that Geoff seems to be holding onto the roll cage alot when I'm driving... 😬

I look forward to that line sometime then Geoff 😬 😬

You may gulp a bit as I forget what you've said immediately and try exactly what Moss did with the same results 😳 😬

You around at all??? I could pop in for a cup of tea as I'm round the corner 😬 😬 😬

Dannyboy *tongue*